25

Jungwon POV

“Sunoo, stop being an inconsiderate little bitch.” Niki yelled across our unit's room. General Perton stopped by to grab Heeseung, and since then the tensions have been high. 

“Oh shut up Niki, you know as well as anyone that our plan to take General Pertons place is going to shit. If Heeseung can’t get himself together we are all screwed!” Sunoo screamed back.

“You two, stop crying! You are making Jungwon cry.” Jay intervenes but the two quickly got mad at him. A tear fell down my cheek, I don't like seeing my friends fight.

“This is not your place Jay, this is between me and Sunoo.” Niki said.

“Yeah, it is between us. We can’t ignore the fact that you've been treating me weird since we saved Jake. If I were to guess I’d say you have a crush on me, which would be stupid.” Sunoo yelled. As if on cue, Jake and Sunghoon walked in the room after hearing the yelling.

“What’s going on?” Sunghoon said as he looked at Sunoo, and this made Niki furious. Jealousy overtook him and words started spewing from his mouth.

“How could I ever like someone as stuck up as you, all you care about is yourself. And if anything, it’s stupid you have a crush on Sunghoon. We’ve all seen the way you look at him, since the second we met him you were head over heels for him! If anything you should take some of Pertons advice and loose your stupid crush to Sunghoon, cant you see he is in love with Jake! Open your eyes!” Niki boomed.

We all stood there stunned. Sunoo just stared at Niki, his face dropped. Niki then seemed to realize the words that came out of his mouth.

“Sunoo I-” He started, his face clearly guilty.

“Save it. I hate you and I wish I never met you.” Sunoo said as he stormed out of the room. We all just stand there, stunned.

“Niki, I’m sure he doesn't mean it.” Sunghoon said.

“Don’t. Please don’t. This is your fault. He was going to fall in love with me if it wasn't for you intervening. You should just go back to where you came from.” Niki said and left in the opposite direction of Sunoo.

The tears started rushing from my eyes, as I wrapped my arms around myself and fell to the ground.

“Jay, you take care of him. I think its best if Sunghoon and I stay away for a bit.” I heard Jake say. “Jungwon, I’m sorry. I know it seems bad right now, but this isn’t the end. We will overtake Perton.”

I heard the door open and two people left. Even though Jay was in the room, I let myself bawl my eyes out.

I felt two large arms wrap around me and pull me into a hug.

“This is my fault.” I told Jay through my sobs.

“How could it be your fault, Jungwon?” Jay asked me.

“This is my unit. I’m in charge here. I must not be a good leader since I can’t even keep our group together.” I wept as Jay rocked me back and forth and pushed the hair from my eyes.

“Jungwon, this isn’t your fault. As much as we've been trained to lose our emotions, that's not how it works. You can't keep people from feeling, but that doesn’t mean you are to blame.” Jay said and I turned to face him. “I’ll help you. We’re in this together.” He said as he kissed my cheek. 

It felt nice and my skin tingle. I’ve always liked Jay, but for the sake of the unit I hid these feelings inside of me. But the feeling I’m feeling now, the warmth of his hold, I think I’ve gone about my emotions incorrectly. 

I want to be allowed to love him.

4 hours later

I stood at the head of the room and looked at my unit and the three new recruits. The tension was high and I was nervous. I need us to get along for this plan to work. 

Between the drama with Sunoo and Niki, to Heeseungs father, we need to work together.

“Look you guys, whatever is going on we need to work through this. I’ve been checking General Pertons schedule, and I think tomorrow is the day. I think we need to get rid of him.” I said.

“Jungwon are you….. are you telling us to murder a man?” Sunoo said.

“We don't want to, but what else can we do?” Jay said. “Heeseung I’m sorry it’s having to come to this but…”

“Don't be sorry. I hate that man, he ruined my life. He ruined all of our lives, I want to make him pay.” Heeseung said, looking determined. “What’s the plan?”

Do you guys like the new story cover?