15

Sunghoon POV

Yeji was a nice girl, or at least nice enough for being a girl in the 1700’s trying to marry a prince. We didn’t talk much, but she often asked me if she looked pretty enough to be a queen. I always responded with the same answer, of course.

We did some dancing and swaying in circles, and I could feel a pair of eyes on me. I glanced around and saw him, Jake, looking at me. No, he couldn’t be looking at me. He must be looking at Yeji. She’s a beautiful princess after all. 

The night felt like it dragged on. The six princes met and danced with each princess at the courting ball until early morning. The guests cheered whenever a dance finished, but I stayed silent. All of the princes looked unhappy, in fact the only people that were enjoying themselves were the spectators. Everything felt uncomfortable.
I was thankful when Jake asked me to grab something from his room, any chance to get away from the chaos. I jogged up the stairs and entered his room, I started looking for the pair of silk gloves he sent me for, but then I heard a light tap.

Tap
Whhrrr
Whhrrr

I flipped my head around, looking for the source of the noise. Was there someone here? A thief? A murderer…….

And then, I saw it.

The once old book I got along with the palace in 2021, now sitting new and fresh on top of Jakes desk. That wasn’t there before, I left that in my room. How did it get here?

It lay open in the same place I woke up in this time period. I cautiously stepped towards it, to see old writing on it. A poem of sorts.

For it has been complete
The lovers may now fleet
Before the sun rises, my story must be done
The 13 must run into my pages before fail,
The leader shall hail “Reveal”
Or all will fall stail

What could this possibly mean. 

Hey, I know this is a short chapter but I plan on uploading another one tonight <3