23

Jungwon got us down safely and Jake and I headed to the room for bed. I had a couch set up in Jake's room so Amara could have the other room to herself. It felt like intruding to share a room with a girl.

I showed Jake how to use the shower and let him go first as I looked around the room. There were nice windows with silk curtains and the moon light shone in. I decided to close the curtains so it didn't disturb us in our sleep, but as I closed one I knocked over a nearby vase filled with flowers.

The glass smashed on the floor and in my panic I tried to pick it up, but both my hands ended up cut and bleeding from the glass.

“Idiot.” I said to myself and the blood started pooling in my palms and wouldn't stop. It was there I realized my dilemma, I needed to wash the blood off but Jake was in the shower.

Shit.

The more the glass shards sat in my hands the more it stung and I realized I didn't have a choice.

“Jake.” I said, using my elbow to try and knock on the door. No response, he must not be able to hear me with the water running.

I cursed myself at being so dumb, and used my elbows to turn the door knob. I shut my eyes and yelled “I’m sorry Jake.” as I tried to find my way to the sink.

That is until I ran into something and fell down with a large thump.

I tried using my hands to soften my fall, but that just put pressure on the glass shards which made me scream out in pain.

“Sunghoon?” Jake called. “Are you okay?” He said as I heard the water turn off. I squeezed my eyes closed tight.

“I’m okay, I just had an accident.” I said, sitting on the floor not knowing what to do.

I heard the shower curtain open and Jake said “Holy shit.” I heard more rustling and then felt two warm hands grab my wrists. 

“Hey its okay, its me.” Jake said. He helped me up as I continued to stumble around as he guided me. “Why are your eyes shut?” He asked me.

“I didn’t want you to think that I wanted to see you. This was all and accident, I’m so sorry.” I said.

“I have a towel on so you can open your eyes.” He said, so I did. I tried not to look but I could notice the towel tied lowley around his waist. And damn, did that prince have abs. He looked even more beautiful with his wet hair dripping in his face as he gave me a concerned look.

“You go sit on the counter.” He told me, and I did just that. He found a small towel and put hot water on it and began trying to soothe the cuts.

“What happened?” He asked.

“I accidently knocked over a vase. I wasn't thinking and tried to pick up the glass.” I hung my head.

“Sunghoon please be careful next time, I don't like seeing you hurt.” Jake said as he looked around. He found a pair of tweezers and looked at them, not quite understanding what they were for. Sometimes I forget he is from the 1700’s.

“Those are tweezers, you can use them to pick the glass out of my hands.” I told him and he immediately understood.

He stood between my legs, slowly picking out the glass as I took the time to admire his face. His strong facial features looked amazing from up close. He really was beautiful.

I walked him through the rest of the process for treating glass, and soon my hands were both bandaged up and he swept up all the vases glass. He really was amazing.

I had gotten changed in the bathroom and when I came out he was just wearing grey sweatpants. He looked amazing. 

He walked up to me and softly holded my hands. “I meant what I said earlier, please be carful. It hurts me to see you hurt.” His voice was deep.

I was about to say yes, as I felt his warm plump lips on mine. I was shocked, but quickly shut my eyes and pushed my lips to his. After a few seconds his lips moved a bit and I joined him. The kiss was deep and passionate, but slow and loving.

He pulled away, my mouth missing his warmth, he then kissed my forehead and took a step away from me. “Sleep well Sunghoon.” He said.

I walked to my couch bed and gave him a smile. “Good night, Jake”