28

Sunghoon POV

“Jungwon, Jungwon are you okay?! Oh god please be okay.” I saw Jay say as he crouched over Jungwon, tears spilling from his eyes.

I saw unit 2, the txt unit, come running.

“Go get the body, and Taehyun go find a medical kit or nurse or something.” I said, and they did as they were told.

Jake was shaking in my arms. He did the one thing he feared, he killed a man.

“What happened?” I asked Sunoo, a tear slipping from my eye.

“Perton had a gun, but instead of wanting to shoot all of us, it seems he only wanted Heeseung. Jungwon pushed him out of the way and took the bullet for him.” Sunoo sniffled. I stroked Jakes head as I felt him shaking more.

“Jungwon please” Jay wept. “Please I can’t lose you.”

“Im..here.” Jungwon said slowly. After that his eyes closed and Jay cried even more. Tears pooled in all of our eyes, but we couldn’t feel what Jay was feeling in this moment. They were so close.

-

Taehyun came back with a group of nurses and lots of medical equipment.

“You guys go. We will take care of Jungwon.” He said.

“I can’t leave him Taehyun, I just can’t.” Jay said. Taehyun slowly lifted Jay into a hug as the nurses attended to Jungwon.

“Go back to your rooms, we still have a few hours until you have to make the announcement. We will take care of these two.”

We all nodded, I stood and took Jake's hand as I pulled him up from the floor. I shielded him from any of the blood in the room as I led him back to our shared room.

I sat him on his bed, and he cried. Letting all the tears out and I held him.

“I’m sorry I couldn't stop you.” I said.

“No Sunghoon, that's not it. I’m glad I did it, but at the same time I took a life away. I should be feeling more regret than I am. Why did I feel slight happiness from murdering someone? Am I crazy?” He looked at me with his puppy dog brown eyes.

“Jake no, you're not crazy. I know it seems weird, but you just saved people from his torment. You did a good thing.”

Jays POV

I cried for hours.

Jungwon was laid on a medical bed after they did things to help him, but he still wasn’t awake. He was in our medic room in the palace. He was alive and I was beyond grateful, but I wanted to hear his voice.

“Jay~ah, you should eat something or sleep. You look terrible.” Taehyun told me.

“You really know how to make someone feel better.” I tried to crack a joke, but tears wouldn’t stop falling. “I don’t want to leave him. And I can’t have him leave me.”

“Jay, the nurses told you its normal for someone to sleep after something like this happens. Its just the shock from his body, its keeping him unconscious so his body can heal itself. Staying here might not help, at the very least you should take a shower-” Taehyun started before I cut him off.

“NO! You can try all you'd like, but I’m staying here.” I yelled.

“Even through Heeseungs and Jake's speech? It’s only an hour and a half away, I’m not sure he will be awake by then.”

“Yes, even through the speech. They will be fine without me, I need to be with Jungwon.

An hour and a half later
Sunghoon POV

I could tell Jake and Heeseung were nervous as they sood near the side of the stage with me and Amara. Niki and Sunoo stood behind us, trying to give Jake and Heeseung the space they needed.

The hall was filled with agents, all who were in a fuss. They knew something happened from the commotion this morning, but no one quite knew what.

“Sunghoon, I don’t think I can do this.” Jake whispered to me. I gently grabbed his face with my hands.

“You definitely can Jake. You are the strongest person I know. You will get through it, my love.” I said as I moved closer to Jake. I looked into his eyes as if asking for permission, he nodded and I moved our lips together.

It didn’t last long, but the feeling of his lush lips on mine is something I will remember for the rest of my life.