7

"Amalya" Jake called as we approached the door to the hallway. A girl about 17 ran over and stepped into a deep bow.

"How may I help you, Mr. Sim?" The lady asked. She had medium brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. She was pretty, anyone could tell. No matter how pretty she was, I've neve found girls attractive.

"How many times have I asked you to call me Jake, Amalya? We've known each other almost our whole lives." Jake sighed. "I have a new person for you to train. While the five other princes are here, I've found someone I'd like to hire as additional help." He pointed to me. "This is Sunghoon, we need him trained as soon as possible to work directly with me and the other princes. Show him around, I trust you will do well."

The girl bowed and started heading off into a random direction, she moved so fast I had to run to catch up with her. As I finally matched her pace, I could see her face had a red tang to it.

"Are you warm? Could you possibly have a fever?" I asked, feeling her forehead.

"No offense Sunghoon, but I just met you and it is quite rude to touch a ladies face without consent." Amalya sent me a death glare as she said those words. Yeah, that was a bit out of line.

"I'm sorry Ms.Amalya." I said as she stopped dead in her tracks, she turned to be with the most evil glare I've ever seen such a small woman posses.

"A few ruled Sunghoon. Do not refer to me as Ms or Ma'am. That makes me sound old, I am not old. Second, you are still below me, regardless of if you are older than me. I've been working at this castle since I was born and I will not have some stranger walk in and take my authority. Got it?"

"Y-yes Amalya. I promise." I said.

"Good, other than that..." She hesitated. "We can be friends. I am the youngest one in the castle that works with the princes, so it would be....nice to meet new people. Now come on, let's go.

~~~~~

"And this will be your room, the bells here connect to all of the princes rooms, so if they ring for you, you must head there immediately." Amalya wrapped up our 3 hour long tour of the castle. I must admit, everything looked much nicer when it wasn't covered in a layer of dust like in 2021. "I must get going, I have some final preparations before the courting ball. Stay on your best behavior." She said as she ran out and shut the door,

I sat down on the tiny bed and sighed.

"Okay, let's re-cap." I said to myself. "I inherited a magical palace, castel, thing. I fell through a painting, and now I'm in 1778 and being forced to work as a maid to a bunch of princes. Great."

I ran my hands down my face. What is happening to me? Am I going crazy?