18

I opened my eyes. We were in Jake's room...sort of? 

It was the same structure as Jake's room, the beautiful walls and shape, but it was new. Like brand spanking new. Everything was covered in a beautiful carpet with the bed covered in dusty rose color sheets. For a second I thought we fell into an alternate reality, but then I saw it.

A TV. What the hell was a TV doing in here? I was just in the 1700s, am I back in 2021?

I then began to notice the electric outlets, nice lighting, and various other modern things in this room. I stiffened and looked at the 12 other people slowly waking up. What do I tell them when I don't fully understand myself what happened? This wasn't the 2021 I left.

"What happened. Where are we?" Jake asked as everyone sat up. I shuddered and shut my mouth.

Slowly the bedroom door opened and a group of servants walked in. Not 1700s servants, but modern day servants, maids I suppose. In the middle of them all was a man dressed very fancy and seemed professional.

"Ah, you've all finally arrived." The man said. Then everyone stood up except me, Jake, and Amara. The 10 of them saluted the man and stood there silently. I glanced at Jake and Amara and they seemed terrified.

"The three of you must be confused. Shall I explain over coffee?" The man asked. 

"Oh hell no. You are going to explain right here, right now, and tell me why the other princes and their gentlemen-in-waiting seem like they know you!" I nearly shouted at this man. 

"Ah Sunghoon, you always have been a feisty one. That's what interested us, so we've kept an eye on you."

What the fuckkkkk.

"My name is Perton, General Perton of the USS." He said.

"Am I supposed to know what the USS is?" I asked.

"The USS stands for the Universal Saving Society. And these young men are some of my finest agents." He said as he gestured to our friends.

Heeseung, Jay, Jungwon, Sunoo, Ni-ki, Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, Heuning Kai- they worked for this man?

"What-" Jake started as he started at the man. "Was this some plot to kill me?"

"It's quite the opposite Prince Jake. There was a man at that party that planned on murdering you. We saved you." Perton said.

"Buddy, we are going to need some context." I said.

"Fine, I shall start at the beginning. It all started with Jake's birth, only you weren't a normal baby. You were born with the power to save the world. We aren't sure how or why, but we know for a fact that you are special." Perton said to Jake.

Save the world? Huh, I mean his looks saved me, but the whole world?

"At the party, the one you were just attending, a man was there that planned to murder you. If he did murder you, you wouldn't be able to fulfill your purpose of saving the world. One week ago I sent 10 of my best agents to protect you and bring you here safely. These men are some of the best agents the USS are has seen in years. They were there to save your life." He explained.

"What… what year is it then? I've never heard of the USS." I asked him.

"Ah, now here we get to the complicated part. We are in the year 2021, but not in the same universe as yours Sunghoon. While my agents were with Jake, you somehow appeared. I've tried to track it down but it seems you found a tear in space and in time. You touched a painting and fell through to a parallel universe into the 1700s. The 2021 you are currently in is the same as Jake's universe. "

Jake and Amara looked just as confused as I felt.

"Let me get this straight. Jake was supposed to be killed by some guy in the 1700s, so you sent some agents from 2021 to pretend to be princes and shit to protect him. Then somehow I fell through a tear in space and time and landed in that exact year of the exact universe the murder was supposed to happen in. And then I somehow got wrapped up with your agents?" I asked, completely dumbfounded.

"If it makes you feel any better Sunghoon, you made our job easier for us. You practically followed Jake around like a puppy and would protect him with your life." Heeseung laughed.

"Enough Heeseung." Perton said. "Yes, that is what happened. We were saving Jake and somehow you are here. Now would you guys like to get cleaned up before we discuss more?"