27

This chapter contains some blood and violence. You have been warned. 

Jungwon POV

I held up three fingers, hands shaking as I did so. I slowly lowered one. Then I lowered the last.

I stood up as Jay kicked the door open. What would I do without him.

I raised my gun as me, Jay, Niki, and Sunoo invaded the office.

“Put your hands up Perton!” I yelled at him. He sat in an office chair across from us as he slowly began turning around.

He scowled at us, but didn’t look surprised.

“Is my son so weak that he needs others to kill me for him? How pathetic.” He said.

“Don't talk about Heeseung that way! Now put your hands up!” Niki shouted, his deep voice ringing through the room.

Still, he refused to put his hands up.

“No, I will continue to talk about him that way! He is a failure to this family and if I am to die, I will make sure he knows. I'm sure he is standing outside this room anyways, so I will take this opportunity to tell him how weak he is.” Perton said.

“You are walking on thin ice.” I said. I really wanted to kill him, but to be honest, I was shaking.

“So what if I am? He is a weak bitch just like his mother. He is the reason she left us, and now matter how hard he works he will never be good enough-” Perton said as I felt someone shove past me in the room.

In the blink of an eye, I had a choice to make.

A few seconds later, 2 gunshots went off

Jake POV

I could see what Heesehng was thinking. His father was saying awful things about him. I saw Amara hold his arm to stop him, but once his mother was brought up, Heeseung lost it.

He stood up and ran into the room, and I followed him. I felt Sunghoon try grabbing my arm, but I shook him off and grabbed my gun.

Heeseung shoved into the room, past Sunoo, Niki, and Jay. He began to raise his gun, but then Perton did the same but faster. 

Pertons going to shoot Heeseung

I saw Jungwon jump and bring Heeseung down to the ground as a gun shot went off. I have no idea if it hit anyone, but I had no choice.

I raised my gun, a device I barely used, and fired.

I fell to the ground and looked up, just in time to see blood spew from the hole I created in the center of his forehead. His body fell to the floor with a dramatic thump as I heard some shouting from my friends.

I couldn’t hear any of the words being said, I just looked down to my hands. This thing I’m holding, I shot a man with it. I killed someone. I'm no prince, I’m a monster.

I soon felt a warm body wrap around me and forced my eyes away from the accident. I could tell by the scent that it was Sunghoon.

What had I done?

Sunghoon POV

When Jake go up to follow Heeseung, I tried to grab him. All I wanted to do was stop him, but it was too late.

I heard 2 gun shots, and saw Jake fall to the floor in shock, staring at something in the room.

I ran up to him and buried his head in my chest to cover his eyes, I then turned around. I could see what Jake was staring at, the dead body of General Perton oozing out blood, but I was more concerned by something else.

Jungwon laid on the floor as Jay cried over him, blood on his chest.

The other gun shot went into Jungwon.