14

Jake POV

Dancing with him felt like a beautiful mix of fire and ice. We swayed around the old ballroom as I soaked in his presence. He isn't like any boy I've met before, its almost like he's from a different time. The way his body moves seemes fast and sharp compared to my slow and flowing movement. In some way, it felt like it complimented me. It was something different and exciting.

"You're a good dancer Sunghoon." I said to him. His ears turned slightly pink.

"Really? That's the first time anyone has ever said that to me." He said with a little smile.

It was cute, he looks down whenever he smiles and shows his pearly white teeth.

"It's about time we get ready for the ball." I said. "You'll have a big role tonight, dancing with a courting lady"

"R-right. We should go." Sunghoon said and practically rushed out.

-

Carriages arrived at my palace all night. Waves of people came in and out, but I stayed tucked away in my room. I know I should feel honored that most of the ladies here are hoping to marry me, but I can't feel excited.

I feel numb to everything.

It's been this way for a while, as long as I can remember I've never been excited to be king and have my own kingdom. This courting ball, this marriage is the last step until I am crowned king, and I still feel no happiness in this situation.

Why is it that the best lifestyles are the loneliest?

The closest friends I've ever had are the other princes, and I've only known them a short time.

"Prince Jake, it's time." A servant called. Time for me to join the princes and watch as the wealthy girls of the kingdoms walk in with my servants.

I stood from my chair and walked out of my bedroom door, and walked down the hallway followed by 2 soldiers that hung on my every word.

I've never even heard my soldiers talk, are they allowed to talk? They could have families, and wives, but I'd never be allowed to know. They aren't of the proper status to talk to me.

Such bullshit.

I sat at a large table with Heeseung, Jay, Jungwon, Sunoo, and Ni-ki as the announcer prepared for people to enter.

Different couples flooded in, I looked ahead. All the girls waved at me, sent smiles my way, but I didn't have the mind to wave back.

How do I know I like someone if I don't even know them?

"Princess Yeji accompanied by Sunghoon." I looked up as the names were announced. That's when my eyes fell on him, I mean really fell on him.

It's like I was seeing him in a different light. He wore a dark magenta suit and it matched his black hair perfectly. His brown eyes twinkled as he walked hand and hand with her down the stairs.

I took in the view of his face, his nose, his lips.

I know those lips I thought to myself.

When I woke up, I thought it was a dream, but now looking at him in all his beauty, I know his lips too well for that to be my imagination.

I kissed him.

I kissed Park Sunghoon.

I love Sunghoon.