The Coleman Brothers

Unknown POV.

"What are..you doing?" I looked up at the owner of the voice and huffed. Very. Loudly. "I am staring at a blank screen".
Just in time a soft giggling sound made its way to my ears.

One glance behind my shoulders and I knew who the culprit was. Ruby. My sister. "Yeah! Laugh as much as you can. After all I am the one who is tolerating the pain in my ass." I whined again, which caused another howl of laughter emitting from Dominic.

My second oldest brother.
"Why are you in a sour mood today?" He somehow said between his laugh.
"I have been in a sour mood for over 2 years!!" I exaggerated as Ruby yet again started chuckling.

"Well, let's focus on the work on our hand" Dom said sitting on the chair opposite to mine. He typed something on his tab which resulted our research screen to show some pictures.

They were pictures of some bomb blasts and sites where rough and hard shooting has taken place.

"Why this now?" Ruby asked as she left her chair and came near the screen.

It was a well deserved question. These incidents have taken place just before The Vermon's death and since then it's been 2 years

These files have been closed long ago and I am pretty sure a thick layer of dust has started to make it's surface as his home.

"Well, it doesn't matter how long it has been since these incident took place. It's still a crucial part of our research and we must not forget that." Dom said in a serious tone as if he already knew what was going on in our mind.

"You do know right? That you just sounded as big bro when you said that?" I told him to which he replied by giving me a pointed look.

"As much as I love you for your humor, Jason, this is not the time to joke around." He again tried to reprimand me by his no-nonsense tone.

I sighed and got into my earlier, relaxed position on my chair. I was way tired to continue this argument. Like literally I was done.

Ruby threw in a glance at me that didn't clearly define which expression was she trying to portray and i didn't had it left in me to ask her. So I just let it roll.

I just put my head down and started to remember all the details about every case of her , trying to convince my mind that she was apparently not dead.

"I know he is tired and just wants to quit, but I can't blame him. We have been at this for over 26 months. I Don't see any clue coming up or just anything. " Ruby softly said to Dom.

He took a long breath and said to her,"look I know it's been hard till now and I know sometimes it just feels like it's not worth it anymore. I also feel it. Heck, I feel like giving up. But we have been through so much already that too for so long, I don't want to quit when I know that we are just few steps away from reaching the diamond mines!"

"I know", she mumbled. "And that being said, I don't have any idea about you two, but I agree with Aiden being hell bent on Agent Frost being alive." He said his part just as another voice made its presence known to us.

"Thankyou Dominic. I appreciate your opinion on this matter" Our big bro, Aiden said as came booming into our office.

" Not again" I groaned as I sat in straight position now. "I still don't understand why we are doing something this stupid. I mean she is clearly has taken retirement or is dead then why go at her tail?" I was way beyond angry at this shit now.

" Jason, right now we need to be together and-" I just couldn't take it anymore. I cut him off in the middle as I said." Tell me one good reason why I should continue having a staring contest with my PC day&night just for 1 more second?"

He layed his hands on the table as he stared directly at me,"Think of it as the revenge that we are willing to seek for our loved ones who died at her lack of mercy. To honor those who were innocent, but still payed the price because of those who committed crimes. To our siblings, some of who were just 5 months old and didn't know anything about the world we live in."

I sighed as I stood up and looked at him with just the same intensity as he looked at me. "Trust me, for all this time I have been doing every single thing with just this single thought in my mind. She killed almost all of us.

But when the site of all the bomb blasts and all the shootings came into my sight, the only thing that I thought about was how I will strangle her with my bare hands as I catch her.

But after all the research, all the findings and all our effort when this probability came into sight that she may have been dead, that she may have been ripped to shreds in that bomb blast, that her plan may have backfired on her, it just became useless."

"How can you be so sure she is dead?" Aiden asked as moved away from the table. " There were bombs in every nook & corner of that house. She could have stepped on one and boom-

"She was the one who set those up, Jason. She couldn't have stepped on one." This time it was his time to cut me off. "Well, all of them were remote controlled. She could have mistakenly pushed one of the buttons in black smoke and didn't-

"She is not stupid. If anything she is clever than all of us. She just couldn't make that big of a blunder like that!".

"Well, if you think so highly of her than I've got nothing to say about ot" I exasperated as I sat with a thump.

He moved nearer to the screen and looked back, precisely at me.
"I don't think highly of her. I just said the facts about her. Let me show every single proof backing up every word that I said about her."
_________________________________________