Encounter

Jason.

I couldn't think more. And I believe I didn't need to. The moment my eyes fell upon the writing of that envelope, I knew it was disastrous. The doubt that rose inside of me, made me feel like someone was punching needles into my skin. Irritation and frustration being the only things I was allowed to feel at this moment. I skipped to Dominic's cabin like a freaking ostrich. If anyone other than Aiden has that letter, it's going to be him.

Thankfully, Ruby was keeping him busy with the forensic report of the Glimson Villa. I searched the drawers, making sure I didn't make a mess. The clock ticked, making goosebumps rise on my skin as I tried to search thoroughly without disturbing his things. But I couldn't find anything. This can't happen, I need something. Anything, any clue or whatsoever.

I tried to think clearly, for any peculiar thing that can help me. Anything that gives me a direction. The pictures! Yes, the pictures were in a case. The case must have a postal address or some writings? I shot to Ruby's room and started searching for them. Her room was as dirty as mine so I didn't worry about the mess. I finally found those pictures of Blain and started to go through each of them.

Searching through each case as I came with nothing, except one. The last picture. It had a date and a code written on it. CF44. The letters may be few but the formation was quite similar. This is it. I thought as I saw the line next to it. A faded line.
'Think of it as a remembrance' it said.

I immediately went to my car in the garage and called Lance, our best tracker. "Lance, I am giving you a zip code, track it. And find out from which postal office in that area, a picture was sent to our residence on 13th July, 2018. Right now!" I shout into the phone while maneuvering my car out of the garage. Finally, I'll see the face of that bloody bloodsucker who killed my brother.

♤♤♤

Avery.

I sit on my sofa with a thump, after reaching my flat. That small, white coloured clutch is in front of me on the table. But I don't dare to open it. I still feel like this is wrong. Something has to be wrong. Why do I keep feeling like this?

Probably, beacuse the person whom you watched burn like a chestnut,is alive.

I think to myself. Yes, Nicholas is a living nightmare to me. His presence is not something I can bear anymore. That's the reason I am dazed till now. Hearing that audio, made my skin anything but crawl. I felt as if someone was stalking me. Those creepy thoughts again came whistling into my heart and mind.

But, that is the same reaction I got from something else too. I felt nauseous, drained and exhausted. Probably, manipulated too in Nicholas' presence. But these are the same things that I feel in Aiden's absence. But why?

This question bothers me more than the fact that Nicholas is alive. In the past 2 years, I have questioned every single choice that I have made in my life. But never have I ever questioned, the existence of this gun. I reach for the clutch and grasp the gun. It's the most dearest possession to me, given by my late father. And all this nuisance that Nicholas is again going to create, can be finished by this gun. Than why am I questioning it now?

Because of Aiden. Because of the fear of losing him.

No, I couldn't have let someone come so close to me. Neither he nor Nicholas.

Time for a visit.

I think as I get up and make out of the door.

♤♤♤

Unknown.

I dwindle on the fact that how special my mind is, as this fellow tries to struggle in front of me. His hands and legs are tied with zip ties and his mouth is secured with a duct tape on top of a cloth. Yet he seems determined to get out.

I predicted that someone would come for me, someone did. I predicted that their first stop would be the postal office due to the code, and just like that this boy was there trying to dig information for me. Even so, I went on and said it would one of those notorious siblings. I was correct, not the one I was expecting but it's good. Oh how clever I am!

I walk in front of this guy who so desperately wants to curse at me, and crouch down to his level. "I swear on my dead mother's grave  I forgot about you all. But the moment I saw her, Frost, with you all I was curious to know who her company is." I say faking a look of pity and reminisce in my eyes. If eyes could hurt, then I would like to believe that I would be oozing with blood right now.

Just as I stand up, I hear the roaring of an engine in front of me. How much I have missed watching you ride that, Avery. I think as I see the gorgeous girl walk up to me. "Wel-" I recieve a slap on my right cheek as she glares at me and then at my left side. She glances down at that pig boy and starts to step towards him. My guards point their weopen at her.

"Well well, looks like someone is not so happy to see me afterall. Though I do not remember owing you that slap." I remarked as I take her frozen self in. She turns around at me, her face filled with emotions instead of being bare. Fuck Avery! You are supposed to be careful in front of your enemy. I taught you that.

"You may think that abducting Jason is a achievement for your mind, which never stops predicting things. It may also come as an award to you that I am here, just as you thought. But showcasing your power," She takes a look around her noticing all the guns pointed at her. Her face slowly draining of emotion and her voice deathly calm. The urge to pat my back becomes overwhelming. She still remembers the lessons I taught her on intimidating someone. "Is a very cowardly move Nic. You can surely do better than that."

I signal my men to lower their guard at her word. Oh the things that I do for her. She unties this guy named Jason and proceeds to whisper something in his ear. Hmm? Secrets? Don't worry I'll know of them soon, darling. "You may do as you please Avery, but remember that they are your real enemies." I remind her of the consequences as she makes her exit from my house. Her boots clicking the marbel floor as she turns around at me.

"Do not fret, Nicholas. I will remember who is my real enemy till the very end." She says glaring at me. I chuckle at her statement while my men stare at her. "Sir, should we take actions?" One of them asked me. I look at her retreating figure again, and say,"No". I smile thinking about my plan and sit on the chair. Huh!

There is no need for me to do anything when I know how broken you will be, at the end of this night Avery.

__________________________________________