Memories....and memories part II

The blast was echoing through my ears as I looked at my brother. He was struggling as much as I was. The floor was uncomfortably chilly and the room was suffocating the fudge out of us.

My attention was snatched from my brother, as I looked at my other three siblings. They were scooted far away from us. Their hands covering their ears as we said them to do. They were just 7. They didn't deserve knowing what our parents were involved in.

"Occiditis tuo adest!" (Your death is here) I heard a man's voice shouting from outside the safe room we were in as I shoved my little siblings further inside the room. It was a heavy metal door. But somehow I feared they would be able to break in.

"They won't", I heard my little brother Jason say as Blain who was his twin snickered beside him. "What do you mean?" Dom asked as I had the same thought as his. But deep down I had a suspicion that somehow Jason knew what I was thinking about.

"crede mihi, frater", (Believe me, brother) Blain said as it was time for Jason to start grinning. "It's not time to flaunt your latin Blain." Dom scolded them in hushed voice as we both sensed some men in front of the safe room.

They were desperately trying to break through this door as they said, 'we were their kills'. "It's getting dangerous here, should we call mom-dad?" Dom asked as I was also losing my guts. But I knew better than to step in that Warfield.

"No,this is the safest place we can get. We have to stay here until and unless mom or dad gets here.." I said with as much assurance as I could muster up in my voice.

It was really a war outside. We were happy. Celebrating the birthday of our little twin brothers, who still had the audacity to joke in this situation. But what we were not, was scared. We were not scared of goons attacking us. We were not scared of being locked inside a safe room; which is heavily suffocating; by our parents.

We were not scared of thinking. Thinking about what would happened to our parents? What would happen if they died? What will happen if the goons were able to break the door of this safe room?

And apparently this became our biggest mistake. We should have thought about it. Our parents should have thought about it. Thoroughly. But they didn't.

And we are paying the price, now.

"What will happen now?" We all heard our little sister, Ruby say. She was born just 11 months before the twins. So she wasn't actually 'the little sister' of us all.

Her voice was timid and soft but it had a firmness to it. Just like our mother. "We'll get out of this room very soon, don't worry, Ruby." Dom said as he embraced her once again.

I had lost time of this period of melancholy. It has been... what? 5hours? Or 3hours? I didn't know. It was as if the time had stopped the moment we stepped into this room. The gunshots, blasts,threats and shouting of men were still being heard by us.

Suddenly everything came to a stop. All the voices and machinery used to...I suppose to kill us, were now quiet. I heard some shuffling in front of our door.

Then it came. Some muffled voices. Were those the voices of our parents? Were they trying to talk to us for the last time?

Or was it the attackers? Was it a trap? They shush down everything and then they'll attack with the element of surprise? Fear started to course through my veins as numerous scenario started playing inside my brain. My face was void of any emotion, that I can see from my reflection in the shining metal wall. But inside, there was a tug of war going on.

Both sides of which were horrible. Suddenly, the door started opening. A creepy feeling started setting inside me. The bile of my stomach coming to my throat as the sight of blood made its way to my sight. A man whose clothes were shred to nothing stood in front of all of us.

A whimper from Ruby, made me realize that this creature in front of me was infact my father. He was lookin as if he was on the run for killing his own family.

"Everything is safe now, my dear. Come, come with me. Aiden , everything was alright here right?" He asked as I ushered everyone of us outside the room. "Yes, father," I said as I my mind was unable to process everything that was happening.

One moment there was gun firing the other moment, our father's cooing voice telling us everything was fine now. My guts was telling me that something was not right. Even though I could see mom there hugging the twins and our little sister. My heart told me that this was just the silence before the storm.

And lord, was I right that night.
_________________________________________
So there it is. It was just for this time. Next time around you'll again get long 1000+ words chapter. Till then, enjoy.