Glimsons

Ruby's  first attempt at warming up to Avery failed miserably. She did not attend the classes today. And my sister became sad over thinking that her start was so bad. Even though she has started nothing until now. You can't blame Ruby. If Avery did not come to university then how come Ruby's start became horrible?

One more thing, before any of these things happened, Ruby has been consoled by Dominic continuously. Why you may ask? The reason is that she was nervous about talking to Avery. Is she going to kill you? No ofcourse not. But, I can not say anything in between or I'll get the title of 'A Chinese Monk'.

Ridiculous.
The sketch that I started on Wednesday is still not done. I usually pick such things that can be drawn between 1-2 days. But this one has taken me more than 2 days and I am still on the right bottom half. Irritating.

"I am still nervous. Don't you feel intimidated by her?" Here comes my sister. How come are you still talking? Aren't you tired? "Has Dominic sent you here, telling he has somewhere to go?" I asked even though I knew the answer. "Yeah...but I myself have something to ask too." Ruby's answer only made me more furious.

But her meek voice saying she wanted to ask something, guilt trapped me. Oh I should have known, she has been spending too much time with Dominic. "Yeah, please inform me what is it?" She fiddled with her hands first. Her green colored sweater may have been itching her skin a little too much.

"What do you think about a visit to the other side?" Her question caught me off guard. Other side? I don't think I have talked to someone about that for almost a decade. It's usually Aiden who does that, or sometimes Dominic.

On the other hand, hearing Ruby say such a thing also made me worried. Did she hear something? Or see for that matter?
"Why? Did something happen?" I asked her in a pretentious carelessness.

"No, nothing....I just. I was standing near the house entrance and..maybe it's just me imagining things but, I think I saw a glimpse of Trevor."

Trevor Zoe Glimson.

That name itself was a nightmare for me. Hearing that name was a miracle after not hearing it since 2013. But if he was really here..

"What do you think? You never answered." Ruby's voice startled me for a bit but I composed myself. "Uhm, well I have never thought about it in such detail. You must be too intimidated thinking about facing Avery's cold demeanor, that's why you...are hallucinating." I stated with a keen voice. As if I am begging my statement to be the reality.

"Yeah. Yeah! it must be something like that. You are right. Tea?"

"Yeah? Yes uhm, Lemon Balm please." I answered her question. She nodded her head once she heard my request and went to fetch it.

♤♤♤

"You're here? I thought you were outside?" I saw Aiden sitting on the chair, also enjoying a tea."No, I just became too tired, so I trotted inside. Where is Dominic?" I asked once I was settled in my own comforting corner.

"He was making sure to cheer Ruby, after that I don't know where he went. Have you seen him?" His question was answered by sound of the door opening slowly. Both of us looked at the door to see, Ruby carefully coming inside and placing a tray on the table with two cups of Black rose tea with some biscuits on the saucers.

Typical Ruby Iris Coleman evening snack.

"Are you going to consume both of them?" I asked feeling unsure although it was no surprise to me. She can and she will drink two cups of tea, even if it is her last day on earth.

"Is it a surprise?" Yeah, no. I shut my mouth. Someone's in a mood today.

"Have you seen Dominic?" Aiden asked once more but this time to Ruby. She also shook her head as a sign of 'no'. Did Dom became invisible or what? No one has seen him.

After half an hour or so, came in Dom with an envelope in his hand. His checkered shirt was crushed as if he had just wrestled with someone. But other than that he was looking fine.

"A letter came from, the Glimsons. They need help. Trevor himself came to deliver it." Silence rang throughout the room as he uttered those words. The faded turquoise colored walls which probably looked soothing on any other occasion, were now suffocating the breathe out of me.

Never in a minute of seriousness would I have imagined about this situation. Never ever. So that means whatever glance Ruby got, was actually correct.

"What does it says? And what do you mean by, 'they need help'." Aiden asked about sour minute of silence. His voice may have sounded a little husky but for me it was neutral, like he did not care what in the heaven the letter said.

Good evening brother,

It's been a while since we have talked. I won't play merry go round with you all. We need your help. We are afraid that the threat which almost made our legacy go extinct, is still breathing. And now it has decided to attack us. You all helped our family than. I shall expect the same hospitality from you all now too.

From:- your cousin,
            Trevor Zoe Glimson.

"It sounds nothing new than those of Vernon's, Donovan's and William's. What is your say?" Dominic said in a completely calm and collected voice. How can he be so calm right now?

He talked as if it's nothing new. Once again, after 2 years our family is facing that same situation and both of my brothers are so relaxed.

Does this mean Agent Frost has finally decided to come out of her hiding spot? Will she use the same drill? Death threats, warnings, fake bomb blasts and then the real ones? Will she again, kill all of our family members just like the cruel woman she is?

Why isn't Aiden saying anything? "We won't help them. We'll do it for our own sake. And this time we will find her out."

Aiden declared with authority lacing his voice. We won't help one of our closest cousins. But we will make it look like that we are trying help. How selfish of us.

But is she worth this selfishness?

Bloody Yeah!
_________________________________________