minivans and living shadows

August 31, 1977
8:01 pm
Evans Home

Anneliese had her head buried in a pillow as she laid on Lily's bed, currently facing the wrath of four very angry girls staring at her in complete and total disbelief with gazes she could practically feel through the fabric.

She had finally broken the news to the four of them after a month with the laws of Rule One; you must hear the full story from all sides before you make a judgement. If the teller of the story chooses to not tell the truth it is then on them and not the rest of the group.

Well, the judgement had been made unanimously in about three seconds flat after she finished, and it was most certainly not a good one on Anneliese's part.

"SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT!" Dorcas shouted, and Marlene opened her mouth, but was quickly cut off. "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR GAY JOKES, MARLENE. CLEARLY RULE NUMBER TEN WAS ENFORCED TOO LATE."

Rule Ten: Do not let another girl make a major mistake when you see it coming out of pettiness. Anything from that nail color isn't working to don't go into that store, there are some suspicious looking people inside.

"ANNELIESE, THIS WAS A MISTAKE!" Alice exclaimed. "BIG, BIG, BIG ONE!"

"Massive," Lily said with a knowledgeable nod in Alice's direction. "Sorry, just felt like we needed some synonyms."

"James Fucking Potter- I know his middle name is Fleamont- they both start with an F so it doesn't matter, okay- CAME CRAWLING BACK TO YOU AND YOU JUST LET HIM?!" Maralene cried with a groan. "WHAT?!"

"First of all, he did not come crawling back to me," Anneliese said, into the pillow. "He was just asking me to give him a chance-"

"Girl, he was sliding like a snake on his six pack, we know this," Dorcas said with a roll of her eyes. "Don't look at me like that, I just know things, okay-"

"IGNORING THE FACT THAT DOR KNOWS JAMES HAS A SIX PACK, HOW COULD YOU, A?" Alice groaned. "HE CAN'T GET OFF THE HOOK THAT EASILY-"

"SO THIS IS WHY HE WAS INVITED TONIGHT?!" Lily yelled. "AND YOU WAITED A MONTH TO TELL US-"

"LISTEN, OKAY!" Callaway shouted, sitting up fully. "There is a war going on around us, we don't have time for grudges if one of us gets taken or killed or anything. Besides, James learned his lesson-"

"ANNELIESE, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE THAT BOY HARD IN AN ABSOLUTELY TINY TOUCH!" Dorcas shouted, holding up her fingers so they were barely apart. "DO YOU SEE HOW SMALL THAT IS-"

"Are we talking about the size of his dick or-" Marlene started with a mischievous grin, but was quickly cut off.

There was a loud whack as Lily hurtled a book at Marlene who clumsily failed to block it, who ran into Dorcas, who was now trying to fix Anneliese's lipstick, who fell directly into the door right as it was being opened.

Callaway heavily slammed into the girl standing there, knocking them both into the ground and landing on top of her with a muffled grimace of pain.

"Lord, I'm sorry," Anneliese muttered, holding out her hand to the girl who had fallen on the ground once she stood up. "You're Lily's sister, right?"

The girl glared up at her from the beige carpet with cold, beady eyes that Callaway almost instantly realized were nothing like Lily's caring, soft ones.

Anneliese pulled away her hand, suddenly feeling bad for offering to help in case this girl was sensitive to others touching her in some way, but quickly lost all that guilt when the sister wiped the skin of her arm where they had touched with the back of her sleeve.