clarity and fakers

tw #1: violence
tw #2: metions of rape

September 30, 1977
6:57 am
Hogwarts Corridors

Anneliese and Lily were both having an incredibly vivid dream.

In this dream, they had run out of the dormitories for some reason that wasn't clear, but they ended up looking for the Marauders out of nervousness, because they were missing. They had found them, and Sirius was bleeding while the rest were filthy.

But then the dream ended, and that was all that either of them could quite grasp.

The whole thing had been far too vivid, as vivid as a dream as Lily had ever experienced while it came in a close second for Anneliese with the nightmares she had about the orphanage and foster home.

James and Peter's Sleeping Charm had been so hastily performed and under such desperation that it was far more powerful than it should have been.

It only should have knocked them out for an hour at most, but nearly three later, Lily and Anneliese were still slumped against each other in a random corridor, heads heavy.

Needless to say, the other three girls were starting to panic under the terms of Rule Eleven, because neither of their friends were where they said they would be, just in the boy's dorms.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY THEN?!" Marlene screamed, and James shrunk away. "ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW, POTTER, OR I WILL SHOVE THIS WAND SO FAR DOWN YOUR THROAT IT COMES OUT OF YOUR ASS!"

"I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" Potter lied, defending the Marauders. "WHAT DID THEY SAY BEFORE THEY LEFT?"

Leo and Frank were watching completely clueless, both of them snoring and asleep while all this was apparently happening in the castle around them.

"Anneliese said something that Lily wanted to tell Sirius, and then they left, and we all assumed that A had ended up falling asleep with Sirius and Lily with James or something," Alice said, barely more calm than Marlene. "But then we come here and you claim you didn't even see them last night?"

"Something about that just doesn't add up," Dorcas said, staring each of them down individually. "Remus, you would tell us if something happened, wouldn't you?"

All heads turned to Lupin, who swallowed heavily and the pressure from both the boys and girls each staring at him with very forceful wills behind their eyes.

"I-I don't know what you guys are talking about," he said finally. "Anneliese and Lily didn't come in here at all last night, or at least that we saw."

That was at least partly true, but didn't keep him from feeling incredibly guilty.

Remus genuinely trusted Anneliese and Lily, and he knew that they wouldn't say anything about what happened to him every full moon.

It had been a weak moment for all of the Marauders.

Sirius was silent as he listened to the argument continue to erupt around him, and he was sure that he was the only person who had noticed something that made a very large pit sink in his stomach.

The Sleeping Charm should have worn off by now.

When they had left them in that corridor with altered memories and assuming they would just think that they slept walk, the boys had thought they would have woken up thirty minutes later or so and gone back to their beds to finish the night.

Apparently, that wasn't at all the case.

"Look on the Map," he said in a sudden, urgent tone, unintentionally interrupting Alice for his lack of listening to the argument. "Find them on the Map, who has it?"