marshmallows and push-ups

^^apparently thats how you spell marshmallow.. thanks google

tw: mentions of eating disorder / self harm

December 2, 1977
6:02 am
The Burrow

Anneliese's feet were near to silent as they paced across the creaky wooden floors, walking so lightly on the pink and blue socks that she had begrudgingly put on that she was like a ghost moving through the corridors of Hogwarts.

Her steps led her down to the kitchen, and she was pleased to see that there was no one in it at this early hour in the morning, just like she had hoped.

Anneliese silently reheated the kettle on the stove, making the mistake of turning her back to the fire while digging through the cabinets for some coffee and not just the plethora of tea Molly had stocked the shelves with.

There was an incredibly loud, high pitched wail that sounded like an infant screaming from behind her, and Anneliese realized that the teapot had been enchanted to make that noise instead of a simple whistle.

She lunged over to slap her hand on the burner's knob, stopping the unholy screaming as her heart pounded out of her chest. Sometimes magic still got the best of her.

Anneliese exaggeratedly blew air out of her lips as she finally settled on some black tea very neatly labelled, letting the thrumming on her ribcage slow down as it steeped into the hand painted mug with sloppy flowers all over it.

The house was still asleep as she began to make her way back upstairs, but without the goal of her room in mind this time.

Her eyes scanned over all of the doors, and she was happy to see that they were all marked in some way. There were hand painted with letters that Anneliese recognized from Molly's handwriting that had labelled all of the teas.

The first one she passed read Andromeda, Ted, and Dora in dark blue paint. Upon closer inspection, the letters actually seemed to be magical as well with a small dot at the end of the names.

Curiously, Anneliese brushed her fingers over it. The names changed to Arthur and Molly, then to Bill as she touched it again. There was a flurry of people that she cycled through, all people she assumed had stayed at the Burrow before, until she got back to the original setting again.

Callaway continued up the stairs, looking at all of these labels until she finally landed on the one that read Fabian in orangish red letters, the exact same color as his hair.

The door was already slightly pushed open, and Anneliese could see his bed through the crack. As silently as she could, which was very silent, she pushed the door all the way open.

The tiny creak that the rusted hinges sounded made her heart leap out of her chest, but Fabian remained fast asleep. Anneliese leaned against the doorframe, cup of tea cupped together in both of her hands.

It only took a few seconds for Prewett to get the silent instinct that someone was watching him like all humans did, and his eyes flew open.

He was so tired, however, that all he did was stretch enormously and swing his legs out of bed as he scratched his back at an awkward angle.

Anneliese only thought it fair payback that he was just wearing his boxers.

Fabian pulled on a pair of sweatpants, and was rummaging through his messy drawers for a shirt when Callaway decided that then would be a good time to cough and announce her presence in the doorframe.

His head whipped towards her, and Anneliese smirked slightly at the very high pitched shriek that came from the back of his throat when he saw her there.