battles and secrets

put yall seatbelts on bc about 500 things happen this chapter
tw: extreme violence

March 9, 1978
10:56 am
Hogwarts

Anneliese bent down to gently scoop an earthworm off the stone path where it was in danger of drying out or being stepped on before it got a chance to reach moisture, placing it underneath the cool dampness of a nearby shaded bush instead.

"I think that's the cutest thing I've ever seen you do," Sirius mused with a soft smile as she stood back up. "Like ever."

"I think I'm going to be a lot less cute if someone doesn't stop me from killing James," Anneliese grumbled, starting to walk surprisingly fast. "He is determined to prove to me that he's a better Beater than me. At practice this morning- ugh, it's so frustrating-"

"Wait, but you're a Seeker," Sirius said, confused. "Did you just suddenly change-"

"NO!" Anneliese shouted, fists clenching. "SORRY! I AM JUST SO STRESSED! WE JUST BEAT SLYTHERIN, BUT WE'RE STILL GOING TO PLAY THEM FOR THE CUP BECAUSE OF HOW MANY THEY'VE WON! DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH PRESSURE THAT IS?"

Sirius opened his mouth to reply, but Anneliese was already going.

"AND IT'S HUNDREDS OF YEARS OF HOUSE RIVALRY STACKED UP HERE!" she cried, hands now tangling themselves into her hair. "AND ONLY A SEEKER CAN END A MATCH! SO IT'S ME VERSUS REGULUS FOR IT ALL!"

Anneliese started wildly talking with her hands before occupying them by tying up her hair in a high ponytail with the band that Sirius helpfully handed her, knowing her habit and already prepared for it.

"AND SINCE WE'RE IN A WAR, THAT'S ALSO SOMETHING! GRYFFINDOR, GOOD VERSUS SLYTHERIN, BAD! MUGGLEBORN VERSUS PUEBLOOD!" she exclaimed as they walked into the History of Magic classroom. "AND IT'S OUR LAST YEAR! NO SECOND CHANCES! AND I MESSED IT UP LAST YEAR, SO EVEN MORE PRESSURE!"

"Anything else?" Sirius asked sarcastically, and Anneliese gifted him with a solid punch in the shoulder. "Right, sorry. I think maybe you should just-"

He was cut off by Anneliese honing in on Narcissa and a few other Slytherin girls across the classroom talking to a Hufflepuff girl that she recognized as Safa Chopra, who looked like she was about to start crying.

"Oh, I am so not doing this right now," Anneliese muttered, cracking her knuckles. "Not today, you snakey bitches."

Sirius's eyebrows shot up as she walked directly over to them, the rest of the class still arriving and settling in while they waited for Professor Binns to arrive.

"Narcissa, you are the last person to be talkin right now," Anneliese said furiously. "Don't you dare speak to her like that."

Narcissa scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest, well aware that the room was starting to direct their attention towards the girls. James, Remus, and Peter all exchanged a glance as they set their books down next to Sirius, who shrugged.

"This girl is my friend, alright?" Anneliese said, wrapping her arm warmly around Safa's shoulder. "And anyone else in this classroom who has a problem with her has a fucking problem with me."

Potter and Black both grinned while Alice, Dorcas, Lily, and Marlene started to watch as well.

"Yea, and she's my friend too," Narcissa laughed coldly. "We were just having a nice little chat, right? No harm was done."

"Is Narcissa your friend, Safa?" Anneliese asked kindly, and the Hufflepuff shyly shook her head. "Yea, that's what I thought. Yall are so mean to this girl, and for what? She is so fucking nice and smart, and she's the captain of the chess team. Yall really making fun of her because she's quiet and you know she won't stand up for herself?"