Chapter 22: Game Night

A few hours have passed since I started to work on our new song. It was at this point already sunset and once I had done what I needed to do for the day, I walked over to my room and flopped over onto bed. 

"To think that there's a interspecies war happening right now." I said as I pulled out my phone and began to scroll through Juustagram. 

As I scrolled through the front page of Juustagram, my mind stared to wander. Many different thoughts came to mind as I laid there.

'Was there a way to end this with both sides being happy? What if I am actually good enough for this? What if everything goes wrong? Then it would be my fault for the fall of humanity.'

"Hey Acro. Watcha doin?" Lily burst through the door and jumped onto my bed.

"Just thinking about things." I sat up and put my phone away. 

"You sure, your face says that you were having a rough time with something. You've changed ever since that car crash. You kinda just like came back from finding out we were actually a part of a interstellar war." 

Upon hearing this I could only let out a small chuckle. "You've got some imagination." 

"That doesn't matter now, c'mon we've gotta head home. I can sleep over at Rose's place so we can just walk over there."

"Okay." I said as I put on the jacket that Regenerator gave me and walked out of my bedroom. 

As I walked into the living room, I saw Rose napping on the couch and Emily was already ready to leave.

"C'mon Acro, I wanna play some monopoly at Rose's place." 

"Yeah, just hold up." I said as I walked over to rose and tapper her on the shoulder. "Hey Rose, c'mon we're going to your place."

"Just..Carry me there." She mumbled.

"Alright, you heard her, we're goin to her place." I said as I hoisted her up onto my back and opened the front door.

"Alrighty then, off to Rose's place." Lily said as she closed the front door. 

LATER AT ROSE'S PLACE

*Ding Dong*

"Coming." A muffled voice came from inside of the house. A slight pitter patter was heard from inside the house and the door eventually opened. Oh, hey Acro, hi Lily, hi Em."

On the other side of the door was Tsubaki. She's Rose's little sister and is great friends with Emily. She has fiery red hair that was tied into a ponytail and had a pair of lavender eyes to match with it. She wore a plain grey t-shirt and had black sweatpants.   

"Hey Tsubaki, where's your parents?"

"Huh? Oh, they got the night shift." She replied as she stepped to the side to let us in. 

"Aight, wanna do a game night?" I said as I laid Rose down onto the couch and opened up a cabinet and pulled out a stack of board games.

"Sure." She replied as she pushed everything on the living room table off onto the floor and sat at one end of the table.

ROSE POV

"Hurry up, we've gotta go before its too late." It was Acro, he was wearing a black jacket and had some kind of weapon that seemed strikingly similar to a warship strapped to his back. 

"What do you mean before its too late? And why are you wearing that metal thing?" I replied as I grabbed onto what seemed to be one of the guns on the metal thing.

The metal thing glowed a bright blue and its shape morphed into a much smaller and streamlined shape. Acro gripped onto a sword that appeared out of thin air. "I'll answer all of that later, we've just gotta go...Now!" 

As I looked around the area where we were at, I realized that we were at school. As just as sudden as the classroom appeared, it's clean appearance changed and became the destroyed remnants of our classroom.

"hey there Commander, how've you been?" 

As I looked up, the roof disappeared and there were two girls floating in midair. One of the girls wore the same black jacket as Acro and had the same metal objects strapped to her back and instead of it looking like a warship, it has the appearance of a shark, especially with the metal tail that was also attached to her and throughout her whole metal attachments she had glowing blue highlights that lined her cannons.

The other girl had yellow highlights and she was has tentacles that covered most of her back and just like her blue counterpart, she had the same metal attachments and instead of it looking like an animal, it looked much more futuristic.

"Accelerator, what did they do to you?"