Chapter 31: Pitch Black

"Woohoo, lets go." Eugen stated in a very bored tone.

"Why are you both still here?"

Our little hangout session had ended about an hour ago and I've gone back to training with my new weapon. At this point, I can consistently change the ammo types and alternate between them during combat.

"Why can't we watch you train?" August enquired.

"I'd rather not be watched as I fail things over and over." I replied as the training dummies floated up.

"So you do have pride?" Eugen stated

"Says the woman that tried to rape me when we first met."

"Touché."

"Welp, let me get back to working on my skills. I need to concentrate even more on this one." I said as I summoned a destroyers riggings. "Smokescreen: Destroyer."

A thick fog covered the whole training area. The thing is with this skill, is that whenever the smoke is active, you are always able to gain detection of where anything is within the smokescreen. The destroyer variant also allows you to move at a much quicker pace and allows you do dodge projectiles easier. This can get really effective if you are able to predict your opponents movements, you can decimate your enemies in quick succession. 

"3...2...1. Go." I sprung into action. 

Firing different types of bullets at the target dummies. The one of only things that gave away that I hit the dummies were the flames that erupted out of the spade cards before the exploded. I ran towards the dummies due to the fact that if I were to fight Regenerator, I wouldn't be able to run away from her. 

"Alright, the dummies have been utterly destroyed. You can stop." Amy's voice brought me out of my trance. 

As the smoke cleared, I saw the utter damage that I had caused onto the dummies. There was nothing but scraps of metal and cards that floated in the water.

"Hey, hey. Lets spice things up a little. You gotta try some other things too." Amy said from the viewing panel.  "Just close your eyes just a for a little bit. I'll add in some new settings."

"Uhmm. Okay." I said as I walked over to the corner of the room and closed my eyes.

*Clink* 

"Alright, you can open your eyes now."

When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing. It was pitch black.

"Have fun out there. Just remember that We can see you as clear as day." Eugen's voice rung out of the darkness.

"Great, just great." I said as I started to walk forward. 

*Slam*

I walked right into what I presume is a wall. "Shut up, I can already hear you three laughing!"

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it eventually." August said through her giggles.

"Let's just send it." I said as I closed my eyes. This allowed me to focus on all of my other senses.

Whenever you lose one or more senses, your other senses get heightened. They become much better than they were when you still had all of your other senses. I was trying to utilize this phenomenon to my advantage.

*Clink Clink*

There was a slight clinking in the distance. I summoned my weapon and shot a club card at the sound.

*CRASH!*

This sound reverberated through the whole room. The sound echoed throughout the whole training area. The force of the card hitting something sent ripples through the water. I continued to listen for more and more subtle sounds and instantly fired shots right at the source of the sound.

It was as if I could pinpoint the location of something just from one barely audible sound. All of my senses were heightened by tenfold. I could hear every little detail, I could feel even the smallest gusts of wind, I could taste the salt in the air,  could smell the metallic smell of  from within the overwhelming smell of saltwater. 

"Alright then, trainings over." Right as Amy said that, I was blinded by the bright lights that lined the roof. 

"I'm impressed that you managed to do that." August stated.

"Heh, I don't even know how I did that." I replied.

"However, why didn't you use that exploding card thing? If I remember correctly, it starts as a fire. You could have just used the light from the fire to navigate better."

Then it hit me like a truck. "True, why didn't I do that? Welp doesn't matter now, I'm finished training for today." I said as I opened the door to the training area.

Before I could walk away, August's grabbed my shoulder. "Hey Commander, tomorrow, you're gonna train with me next." She let go of my shoulder. "Well goodbye Commander."

"Yep, you too."