Chapter 55: Saviour

AUGUST VON PARSEVAL POV

Just a normal afternoon. Needless to say that I've been in a rather good mood ever since I found out that my familiar had made his way back on earth. Of course I knew he was going to be fine. If he was able to manifest my riggings, he was surely capable of fending form himself.

Old news aside, I was taking a leisurely stroll around the base. Enjoying the sights of of the base is calming for the soul, especially after a long day of work. As my eyes wandered aimlessly around the port, my eyes were caught by a glint that came from a nearby cliff. But soon enough the glint wasn't the only thing that caught my eye. A dark cloud of smoke erupted from the cliff. 

Everyone was now looking at the cloud of smoke that had appeared on that distant cliff. However, the cloud of smoke wasn't the only thing that was present anymore. A glowing light emitted from the smoke. From the smoke came a metallic flaming dragon that I couldn't mistake. There was only one other person who was able to use my riggings. And that person was my familiar...Or I should say Acro. Something was telling me that something was very wrong. 

Something came over my body as I dashed through the docks and made my way up to the cliff. In what almost felt like days of running, I finally had reached the top of the cliff.  

Just looking at the surrounding area made it obvious that something had happened. Burnt plants, upturned soil and craters in the floor were some of the things that led to this conclusion. But I had no time to think about it.

On a nearby rock, rested a bloody and beaten Acro. When I got closer to him, he was covered in many cuts and bruises and blood pouring down his face. The way he was leaning on the rock made it seem like he survived whatever happened here but he couldn't make his way back to safety.

I got down and placed my head down onto his chest to check to see if he was breathing. Luckily enough I could feel his chest slowly rising up and down with his heartbeat rhythmically accompanying his breathing.

Even if he was alive there was no way that he was just fine, so I picked him up and made a mad dash for Vestal's clinic.

ACRO POV

When I woke up, I was laying down on a soft object. As soon as tried to move I felt a throbbing pain all over my body. I uncomfortably shifted my position around to find the position that hurt the least. 

"Ah. Acro, are you awake?" A familiar voice said in a worried tone.

"Hmm." I groaned as I looked over to where the voice came from. It was Vestal. 

"Oh thank god you're okay." She ran over from the other side of the room to give me a hug.

"Sorry for troubling you again. Especially after your check up with me." I gave her a weak chuckle.

Vestal however had a surprised expression. "H-How did you know that I was going to check up on you!?"

"What? You met up with me earlier today. Plus, technically you just checked up on me again."

"Well I can tell you this. Whoever you met earlier wasn't me."

"Really? You seemed pretty comfortable with me earlier though." I sighed.

Vestal however, turned into a blushing mess. "A-Anyway, There's s-someone waiting for you. So I'll go get her for you now. She then walked out of the room in a rushed manner.

"Geez. That Tester really just left me in that cliff." I complained as I fought through the pain all over my body and sat up. "Ah whatever." I sighed as I waited for Vestal to bring this person to meet me.

I didn't have to wait too long however because somebody came walking into the room. Turns out that the person who wanted to see me was August.

"Hello, my familiar." She said in a calm tone as she took a seat next to my bed.

"Hello?"

August let out a chuckled. "Is that really what you say to your saviour?"

"Saviour?" 

"Why yes. It was me that found you on that cliff. And when I found you, you had definitely seen better days."

"Yeah I figured that part out. Just never expected you to be the one to find me." I awkwardly chuckled.

"Geez, you should really know how to say thank you." She pouted.

"Heh, sorry." I chuckled. "Thanks for finding me." After I said this, there was a red tint on August's face. "You good?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be fine? I'm in fact feeling better than before." August crossed her arms. "Anyway, tell me what happened."

"That would be two new sirens that I met." I said, recalling the ambush that happened earlier.

August's eyes narrowed. "And did you get their names?"

"U-Um. Do you know about my plans with the sirens? You know about the peace and everything?"

"Yes, of course I do. I just need to give them a chat for hurting my familiar." She gave me a scary smile.

"Well, what do you know, if suddenly forgot their names and got really tired all of a sudden." I plopped back into bed which resulted in pain shooting throughout my body. "Aiya. That really..."

"Very well then. If that's what you want, then I'll leave you be for now." August sighed as she got up from her seat and walked out of the room. 

And with that, I was left in the room all on my own to do my own thing. And just like any sane person who just got their ass beat, I proceeded to try and go back to sleep.