Chapter 41: One Week

"You know, that was a pretty nice show. Are you doing that for a school play or something?" A new voice joined the conversation.

 Are you doing that for a school play or something?" A new voice joined the conversation

"yeah, how'd you know?" I replied with a sheepish smile.

"Oh, just a hunch." She chuckled. 

"Well, should have expected that." I shrugged.

"Anyways did you just come here to talk to us about our school play?" Eugen joined in.

"Ahh, guess you already caught on. Yeah, I just wanted to ask you something."

"But why us?" I replied.

"You're Ace, right?" 

"U-Umm. Yeah that's me."

"You really do look like how Hisoka described." She thought aloud. "Oh, how rude of me. I'm Tester, nice to meet you." She held out her hand for a handshake.

'Ah well what in the actual hell is this luck.' I thought to myself. "Nice to meet you Tester." I returned the handshake. 

"So why're you here?" Eugen butted in.

"I'm just here to say thanks for talking to my little sis. She may not seem like it but she's really happy that you actually talked to her. So I just wanna say thank you for talking to Hisoka." 

"Heh, don't worry about it. You don't need to thank me for something as simple as that." I let out a slight chuckle.

"Now then, Acro, do you want to leave this place?"

Eugen gripped my arm and attempted to pull me away. "What they hell are you doing? Move before they get us!?"

I simply stood my ground, ignoring Eugen. "Yeah, pretty much."

"Damn, Accelerator wasn't kidding about how nonchalant you can sound whenever you want." 

"Yeah, I get that a lot." I replied meanwhile my heartbeat was going faster than a hummingbird's heartrate.

"I'll give you a week to find where I keep our devices. You can ask anyone for help except for me. If you don't find it within the week, I will turn you into the higher ups."

"Why?" I stared at Tester with a confused expression. "Why the hell are you giving me a ticket out of here?"

"personal reasons. Now have fun. And believe me, if you do fail, I will find you both." Tester gave us a smirk.

"You just wanna f*ck with me, don't you." I stated.

"Well, that's part of it." She replied. "Oh and by the way, do you want to know the way back to the plaza where you both live at?"

"Are you just gonna bait us?" I asked.

"Nah, you both just seemed very lost." She shrugged.

"Wait, how the hell do you even know where we live?" Eugen exclaimed.

"I have my ways." Tester chuckled. "Now lets go before you both end u sleepin on the streets."

THE NEXT DAY

Luckily, it wasn't a bait and we got back home safely with little to no problems. 

"Alright, Eugen, I'm heading out." I said as I put my cloak on.

"See ya later." Eugen yawned. As you can guess, I forced her to wake up.

"I'll be back by around 4." I put my bag on and walked out of the cave.

And thus began my uneventful trip to school, the whole time I was thinking about Hisoka. 

"Oi, Ace are ya in there?" I was brought out of my thoughts by someone calling out to me. "Geez, were you too busy thinking about Maiko and her friends?" It was Hisoka. 

"What the hell is this kind of luck." I muttered. 

"Yeah, I cant really hear you there bud. Ya mind speaking up?"

"Oh, right. I'm here, don't worry."

"you're not even gonna question why I'm following you?" she crossed her arms.

"Nah, not really. There's no point, we're going to the same spot." I shrugged in a nonchalant matter as I took off my hood.

"You are a really weird person." She muttered just loud enough for me to hear her.

"Can't really hear you there bud. Ya mind speaking up? Or are you just too busy thinking about me?" I chuckled. 

'I'm not really weird though, I do just have the same destination for her.' I thought to myself.

"W-Wha? No! W-What are you talking about!?" Hisoka said with a slight blush apparent on her cheek.

"Heh, don't worry, I'm right here. You don't have to yell." I replied as I opened the door to our classroom.

"Just shut it alright." She pouted as she took her seat.

"Fine, fine." I replied as I took my seat.

I felt someone poke my back. "Hey, since when did you two get so close?" 

When I turned around I saw that it was Maiko. "Umm..."

"He was just paying me back...You know, for the bag of star candy." Hisoka awkwardly chuckled. 

"Sure, that's totally why." Maiko gave me a smile. "Surely you tell me."

"You know, when you get like that, you kinda remind me of someone I know." 

"No, no. you're not going to dodge the question."

"Fine, you want the truth?"

"Duh, of course I do."

"Well, long story short...I dunno. We just ran into each other."

"Bruh, that's so lame. C'mon man, was it really just that?"

"I mean. Yeah, basically."

"Alright, everyone, stop your conversations. Class has started." Our homeroom teacher effectively killed our conversation, so we just started our school day.

HOURS LATER

You know, I forgot how boring school can be. I'm glad that it is at least over.

Just as I was going to stand up I heard Maiko. "Huh? Sis, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Omitter? The hell are you here for?" Hisoka chimed in.

"Omitter, Hmm...Why does that sound familiar." I muttered as I grabbed my bag and began to make my way out of the classroom. Just as I was about to walk out of the doors, I saw a very familiar black jacket. "Heh, guess I am going insane." I chuckled to myself.

"Wait." I felt someone tugging on my sleeve.

"Hmm?" When I looked up at who was grabbing onto my sleeve I saw Regenerator.

"Hello again Acr-I mean Ace."

"Ah, so I'm not just crazy." I let out a relieved sigh.

"So you do know each other!" Maiko exclaimed as she ran over to me.

"You didn't believe me when I said it last night?" Regenerator retorted.

I could only sigh to this. "Yeah, its nice to meet you again...Umm Omitter."

"Ah, right. Lets go to my place, I've got to tell you something." 

I sighed. "Why not tell me here?"

"You're coming with me, otherwise I'll tell everyone something secret." She replied with a sly smile.

"Fine, juts give me five minutes. I gotta tell Sona about this."