Behind The Scenes (Vol 1)

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Ahh, It's been a long time coming hasn't it? I really cant believe that it has been almost three years since I made this old story. This little behind the scenes thing will give a little background on some things that happen in the story and the creation process of the story.

THE FINAL BATTLE

The final battle was the very first thing that I thought of for this story. The very first rendition of this scene that I had made in my mind was only the ending bit where Acro disintegrates a Siren's head off with a laser. And yes, it wasn't originally going to be Regenerator. Regenerator and Accelerator was something that came to mind a little later down the line.  

Back on topic, that was the only thing that I had really wanted to happen in the final battle. Everything I had originally thought of in the final battle wasn't fully set in stone until I finally made it because things wont work out as intended. 

Like for example I had planned for a bloody and battered Eugen to actually burst into Acro's classroom exactly like how Belfast did in the first siren attack. But then she would be followed by Observer to their school. Yep, it was originally only going to be Observer. But I'll get to that a bit later.

With that same sequence, I was throwing around the idea of it actually being Belfast or August who burst into Acro's classroom but in the end that whole sequence was cut out entirely.

ACCELERATOR AND REGENERATOR

These two...Oh boy where they a concept to work with. Now Regenerator was going to be the only enhanced Siren we find but in the end we ended up with two.

The way she came to be was when I was thinking about Acro's first fight with the sirens. This was before I even started writing the chapter. But I was thinking about what can I do to make this more high stakes. And then the idea of Omitter becoming a siren that can regenerate any and all damage that she takes. And thus Regenerator was born.

As for Accelerator, I actually don't remember why I had made her but hey, here she is and plays an important part to a certain device in the story.

ACE'S HIGH (ACRO'S GUN)

Acro was originally going to only use a P90 for the whole story. The idea of him making his own weapon or using Spee's gauntlets weren't something that I had originally planned. 

Regarding his gun; The Aces High, I had 'made' this to add a little extra flavour to Acro's arsenal. Now as to why I said I 'made' this weapon. I actually didn't. This is actually a weapon from the calamity mod in Terraria. Where it is a weapon of the same name.

And this Segway's into the the different aces and my inspiration for their effects.

Spades

In the calamity mod, it was an infinitely piercing card that removes invincibility frames.

As for me, I threw that Idea out completely and made it into something that sticks into targets and ignites with a blaze of glory.

Hearts

Similarly to the spades, I threw that Idea out for a new one. Origninally in the game it would heal your character.

In this story, it is an armour piercing round. Simple. I only got that idea from the fact that a heart had a point. 

Clubs

This one doesnt stray far from the game because in this one it splits into three homing projectiles.

In the story, I had drawn inspiration from Vel'koz in League of Legends (Where are my Vel'koz mains at?) where his Q would split off on each side.

Diamonds

The diamonds in the game actually has a very similar ability to the spades in the story in where it explodes.

But as you know in this story, this isnt the case. I had drawn inspiration from yet another league champion. And said champion was Xayah (Shout out to my former main). it basically draws inspiration from her whole kit where she would send out feathers that she can recall back to her.

________________________________________________________________________________

If you all have any remaining questions about the story, just ask away and I'll be here to answer them.

As for what's happening to this story...I dont know I might come back to volume 2 or I might leave it to rot. But for now I will be taking a step away from this story to focus on a new story that have been working on behind the scenes. 

It would mean a lot of you were to check it out once I publish it. My new story will be taking place within the world of Arknights. Hope you come and check it out!

And that marks the end of Volume 1 of Life as a Commander. But for now, I'll see you all later!

Bye Bye!!!