chapter 5: tide pool

It was the last lesson of the day. Laffey was fast asleep, Ayanami was staring out the window, Nimi was listening intently to what the teacher was saying and Javelin was drawing peacefully into her book.

It was really boring, I just stared at the whiteboard and thought about what has happened in the past few days. After what if had felt like an eternity, the bell rang. 

Rose walked up to me and asked "Where ya heading after school?"

"I umm I got a job."

"You got a job!?" She shouted, bringing everyone's attention to us.

"I guess... Anyways you four, we're heading out soon. Bel's picking us up." I say to Ayanami and the others

"I thought you met them yesterday? And who's Bel!?" Rose exclaimed 

"Coworkers." I said bluntly 

"Hey Com *ahem* Acro, lets go." Nimi showed me her phone, I saw a message from Belfast saying that she is already here."

"Alright, see all tomorrow." 

We headed off to the parking lot and when we got there, we saw Belfast parked in the far corner of the parking lot. When we where about to get into the car, I see about half of my class including Rose running up to the car. When they got to the car, one of them knocked on the cars window. 

Belfast rolled down the window and said "yes?"

"What does Acro do on his job?" One of my classmates asked.

"That information if confidential." She replied

"Can you at least tell us why you are in a maid outfit?" Another one of my classmates asked.

"Umm..."

I started to tap Belfast's leg in Morse code. With the hope that she will understand my broken Morse code I proceeded to say 'just talk about what you did before I came to base.'

"I... umm I worked with a team with other girls called the Royal Maids. We cleaned and made food for our superior." Belfast replied

"Hurry up, we're gonna be late." Nimi said from the back seat.

"Oh sh*t... well we gotta go." 

Belfast rolled up the window and I exhaled in relief. "Thanks for the save Bel."

"Your welcome but you've have to stop swearing." She replied

"No can do." 

"Since when did you two get so friendly?" Ayanami said from the third row of car seats.

"Huh, diddn't I tell you. Bel will be helping us with our missions."

"You even called her Bel. She only lets people she really trusts call her that. then there is the leg tapping." She replied

"That was Morse code." I replied 

"It was some really bad Morse code though." 

"Oi shut up will ya." I lightly punched Belfast's arm

"By the way, why did you want to go to base this time?" Javelin asked

"Tide pools."

"What?"

"I'm gonna look for animals in tide pool."

"No plural?" Nimi looked at me with a very confused expression.

"When I get excited I sometimes forget to say word properly." I replied

When we arrived at base I instantly got changed into my casual clothing and ran off to the beach to check out the tide pools.

BELFAST POV

As soon as I parked the car Acro ran off before anyone could get out of the car. When we all the others got changed we went off to find Acro. 

"Hey Laffey, hurry up if you want to find commander."

"Okay" Laffey sluggishly walked over to us.

When we arrived at the beach, there was nothing but sand. There where no tide pools in sight. We continued to walk along the sand bar, untill we could see some black mases of rock in the distance. 

"Everyone, hurry up Commander must be there." Javelin started to run in the direction of the rocks.

When we caught up with Javelin, we found Acro sitting on a rock with his knees tucked into his chest, leaning on another rock.

"What took you so long?" Acro asked 

"says the person who left us almost instantly." Ayanami said.

"Oh, uhh sorry." 

"What are you even doing, weren't you going to catch some animals? Your just staring at the water." Nimi sat next to Acro, they where so close that their shoulders and hips where practically touching.

"You'd just be wasting your time looking for animals in a empty tide pool. If you cant find anything, start flipping rocks."

"You seem to know what you are doing." I chimed in

"I always did this when I was younger, meaning that I can scale these rocks easily." Acro replied

"Have you done rock climbing?" Javelin asked

"Nope... I don't do well with heights."

"Are you scare of heights?"

"yup."

ACRO POV

A sharp pain started to erupt from my leg. "What in the world is going on down there?" 

I look at my leg to see that there was a deep cut running from the side of my knee to my ankle, there where two more shallower cuts on the other side of my leg. There was blood everywhere.

"Ah you got blood on my leg too!" Nimi shouted.

"How did you not notice that it was there?" 

"I thought it was just a scratch." I replied calmly.

"How did that even happen?" Belfast walked over to me.

"I slipped down a hole that's about the size of my leg." 

"I thought that you where good at walking on these rocks?" Ayanami stated

"Algae,  algae makes the rocks slippery."

"Come to think of it, didn't Vestal say that you had to take it easy." Belfast said

"Yeah, she did."

LATER

"I was really looking forward to it." I said as Vestal was tending to my wounds.

"You can do that once your leg heals." She replied.

"Fine."

(A/N: Hey, its been a bit since I have updated this story, but here it is. my reason SCHOOL.)

bye bye