chapter 49: Royalty

"Chin up Spee. You know that he'll be fine." Deutschland patted Spee on the head.

 Spee on the other hand was lying down on her bed. "No he wont...Something happened. Think about it logically, what does he gain out of disappearing out of nowhere?"

"Ahh, look...You cant be depressed forever. Some day, you'll have to move on." 

"Please, I just need some time alone."

"Fine. But you at least have to get out of bed." Deutschland walked out of Spee's bedroom.

SOMEWHERE IN A CASTLE

"Bel, c'mon. You mustn't be zoning out while working."  A young looking girl with blonde hair said.

"  A young looking girl with blonde hair said

"I-I'm sorry, your majesty..." Belfast gave a slight bow.

"Ahh, it's okay. I heard about what happened to the commander that you were appointed to. Just try not to push yourself too hard. Think of it like this; he's still out there. You just have to wait for him to come back."

"He's been missing for weeks. He's at least in danger. People don't just disappear for weeks and be fine." Belfast stood up and walked away. "I'm going to ask Edinburgh to take over, I need some time to myself.

"Just don't push yourself. Okay."

"I will, your majesty." Belfast gave a small bow before leaving the room. As Belfast wandered the empty halls of the castle, she found Edinburgh cleaning a window. "Edinburgh."

"Bel? Do you need something?"

"Your majesty requires you in the main hall. I will finish this up in the meantime."

"Oh, okay then. I'll see you later Bel." 

When Edinburgh was out of sight, Belfast began to hastily clean up the dirty windows. Each and every window was more tedious to do and Belfast's tempo began to slow down with each window she cleaned. 

"Ugh, why? If only I could have done something to stop him." Belfast said to herself as she cleaned the last window. "Maybe, it would have been different? I wish that I could see him at least one more time." She sighed.

Belfast began to make the trek back to the supply closet where all of the cleaning supplies are held. ever since Acro's disappearance, Belfast hasn't felt like herself. She doesn't spend an hour without thinking of him for a least a few times.

The same thoughts came to her ever time she would think about his disappearance. "Why didn't I do anything? What if I went with him instead of Prinz Eugen? What did he do to deserve this? He was just a high school boy. He was forcefully brought into this job. He was just an innocent boy, why'd he have to do this job?"

Belfast walked out of the castle into the courtyard and began to wander around the perimeter of the castle. She spent most of her free time dong this. She would always pace around the castle and think of everything. But she knew that she needed to move on or else it would get in the way of her work. There was one thing that she needed the most, and that thing was closure on what actually happened to him and where is final resting place is. If she could at least get that, she might be able to work and act like her old self.

"I cant keep doing this forever. What kind of person would I be if I couldn't even let go of someone? Pathetic if you ask me." Belfast said quietly to herself. "Alright starting from today I'll start working normally. This is for you Acro..."

??? POV

I had another one of those dreams again. They'd always show our planet being destroyed in one way or another. I will stop at nothing to stop these dreams from becoming a reality. Even if I have to make some sacrifices on the way. Surely they know that their sacrifices are for the greater good of our planet. 

We need to prepare for the worst, we need to expand our horizons and preserve our race. If not, we may cease to be. The fate of our planet that these dreams foretold were much worse than just disappearing out of the galaxy. It's something much worse. I wont let that happen. So for now, I'm sorry for everything that I've done to you two. But it had to be done. I know you understand. 

And for the one who commands the other side, I'm sorry that I have to do this to your planet. It was either my planet or yours. But you seem ignorant of what true dangers reside out in the cosmos. I've seem the relationships that you have formed with my subordinates and citizens. Please don't make it harder for me. So please stay away from them, I don't want to see them sad. I still care about them. I don't want to make them sad. So please just refrain from trying to make peace with us. 

You're just making this harder for the both of us. So just go back to being an enemy instead of some outworlder trying to make peace. I know that you are going down the same route that I wanted to make but sometimes you have to know when to draw the line. Not everybody you meet can be an ally. 

I'm really sorry, but I have to do this. It's either our planet or yours. I'm gonna succeed. Or at least die trying.