Chapter 69: One Opening

"Acro! Are you okay!?" The starter squad came rushing to Acro's side.

"W-What...Is happening?" Both Rose and Lily were frantically looking at the unknown person get back up from being slashed from across the chest and their friends who seem to be fighting these people with some special type of weapon.

"I'm fine. Just some bruises." Acro replied, not losing sight of the two sirens. "Javelin, protect those two and support us from behind. Nimi, Laffey; keep Regenerator busy. Ayanami, help me with Accelerator."

"Roger that." They all replied.

Javelin ran back to Rose and Lily. "Hey you two. There's no time to explain. Just stay put. We've got your back."

"R-Right...Of course."

Acro and Ayanami both gripped their swords as they prepared for Accelerator's flurry of blows. Nimi and Laffey intercepted Regenerator before she could help her comrade.

"You're not getting to them without dealing with us." Nimi aimed her gun at Regenerator's head.

"Ayanami, you ready?" Acro gripped the hilt of his blade tighter and tighter.

"Ready when you are commander." Ayanami's stare soon turned into a sharp glare.

"Now now." A purple portal materialized from behind Accelerator and out came Tester as she gave everyone a toothy grin. "It's not very fair isn't it? Two on one."

"So you were watching?" Acro said, not taking his eyes of of Accelerator.

"Ah ah ah...Less talky and more fighty." Tester giggled as she summoned her riggings. Similarly to most of the other siren riggings, it was midnight black with yellow highlights. The riggings took the form of a manta ray that three cannons on each respective side of the riggings.

"Hmph, fine. Have it your way then." Acro sighed as he slowly walked to the two sirens with Ayanami slowly following behind.

Accelerator instantly dashed in for a hasty ending to this standoff. 

*Clang*

"Huh?" Accelerator had a look of disbelief on her face.

Acro had parried Accelerator's attack, and was about to slash her across the chest but a purple beam of light intercepted Acro's blade from reaching Accelerator's body. It was Tester, she was watching intently from the side-lines for any attacks made from Acro or Ayanami.

"Ayanami. I have a plan." Acro said as he disassembled his sword into an aircraft carrier's riggings that resembled Akagi's riggings. "Just try and keep Accelerator busy."

"Roger that." Ayanami sped off to the speedster Siren.

As for Acro, he was placing red talismans across the whole area. Acro's actions were not lost on the pair of sirens as they focused their attention onto him. Tester fired off a small beam to one of the talismans as it exploded.

Acro only gave them a sly smile as Ayanami came up behind Accelerator and shoved her down to the ground onto one of the talismans. 

*BOOM*

A puff of smoke came from the talisman that had just exploded. Tester looked on with a dumbfounded expression. 

"Just one opening...And they took it instantly..." Tester said quietly as the smoke cleared, showing an unconscious Accelerator who surprisingly only had minor injuries from the explosion.

"Think fast!" 

As Tester looked up, she saw a talisman heading right for her head. "Tch." Tester clicked her tongue as she dodged the talisman and disappeared through a portal.

"Ayanami! Look around to see if she has gone anywhere else." Acro hurriedly said as he looked over at where Regenerator, Nimi and Laffey were fighting.

With Regenerator's healing abilities, the two were visibly getting more and more tired (One more than the other). Javelin had even started to fully focus on supporting them in their battle with Regenerator.

MEANWHILE

"Ayanami, forget about Tester for now. Just tie stay with Accelerator and make sure she doesn't go anywhere." Before Ayanami could reply, he was already running off in their direction.

"Gah!" Nimi grunted as she took a punch to the sternum. She stumbled to the floor as she struggled to regain her bearings..

"Nimi. Just stay back for now." Laffey said as she stood in between Nimi and Regenerator.

Regenerator only chuckled to this. "I haven't even summoned my riggings yet." She smiled.

*Slash*

A red stained sword was protruding through Regenerator's chest as she was slowly lifted off of the ground and slammed down behind the person who had just stabbed her. And that person was Acro.

"Laffey, can you still fight?" Acro said as he wiped the blood off of his blade.

"Yes. I am still combat ready." She replied.

"Good. Nimi, you can go rest now." He called out to Javelin. "Keep them safe while we deal with Regenerator.

"*Cough* Guess you managed to deal with those two." Regenerator coughed.

"It's just us three now." Acro said in a serious tone as he pointed at her with his bloodstained blade. "You sure you can take us both?"

"I've done it before...I'll do it again." Regenerator said weakly. "My spine...It's not fully regenerated yet." She muttered quietly to herself.

"Hm?" Regenerator's weak posture wasn't lost on Acro as he intently watched Regenerator stumble back to her feet.

Acro wasted no time in dashing in and lunged in with his sword. Regenerator was only able to weakly stumble back, barely dodging the blade. When Regenerator attempted to land a punch on Acro, a bullet came flying right through her hand. This allowed enough time for Acro to spin around and land a roundhouse kick to her abdomen. Regenerator let out a huff of annoyance as she crashed into the pavement below. 

With her spine had fully healed and she was back in full effect. She narrowed her eyes as she focused her attention onto the bunny who had just fired her hand.  She hastily got up and made a mad dash towards towards Laffey, ignoring the incoming sword that was coming right down onto her head.

With one final dash, she managed to get past Acro's sword with only losing an arm. A worthy sacrifice for something that will grow back in mere seconds. She only let out a slight whimper of pain as she made her way to Laffey who was standing in between her and everyone else. And with one simple swipe of her gauntlets, she had sent Laffey straight down to the ground, knocking her out cold.

Regenerator looked at Rose and Lily with a menacing look. She eventually stood up and looked back at Acro with a similar menacing look.

"You...You..." Acro's seething anger was projected out of his riggings as it gained a darker, rusted tone. His clothes became darker, seemed more sinister as he dawned a black cloak, black boots and a black wide brimmed hat. His sword morphed into a pair of giant rusted scissors.

Regenerator's eyes widened as she recalled seeing this exact thing happen when he first arrived at the siren world. He became more ruthless, more reckless.

*Stab*

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

The entire area became quiet as the sound of dripping blood was the only thing that anyone could hear on the field. What everyone saw was very mindboggling as a blue cube with a red centre was just stabbed out of Acro's chest.

"Just one opening...Is all it takes." Tester smiled.