CHAPTER 8

For a while, she felt frozen, frozen in time, frozen in the moment, like she couldn't move again, she couldn't tell if it was because she almost collided with the golden eyed man and got startled or it was because she was now scared of getting fired, but then she never wanted a job in the first place.

         Paused in time, Gina was lost in herself, bringing her back to reality was something like felt like a light breeze blowing past her. It felt cold she  shuddered a bit. She could only wonder if it was the man and his guards or the air conditioning, the golden eyed man had moved past her,like she wasn't there, like nothing happened. She couldn't tell when he  moved past her along side his guards.

        She couldn't help but curse herself within, upset she tripped and almost fell but a swift muscular arm grabbed her a waist from behind to break her fall. She cursed herself within again but was grateful that the man broke her fall. She was unable to look at him out of embarrassment, suddenly she felt a sharp a cut across her chest. Still looking away from the man,she squeezed the shirt at the right side of her chest.

        Closing her eyes, squeezing her face and gritting her teeth, bringing her back to the previous state she was in by calling her name,was the man who broke her fall.
"Arielle!"
"Arielle ,are you alright?!" He said again snapping his fingers and turning her face so she could look at him. Her rapture blue eyes met his ocean blue eyes.
"J-j-jaxon" she muttered
"Yes?" He responded by giving her questioning look
" Are you alright?" He added
"Y-yes,thank you" she said heaving a sigh.
She wanted to move to pick up the scattered files when she noticed the grip on her waist had not loosened.
"Jaxon" she said pointing with her eyes and chin to his arm around her waist.
"Oh!" He removed his hands with an apologetic look and moved away.
"No,it's okay" she said with a smile before she picked up the files and nervously walked away.

       Everyone was in awe about the man who came in and the fact that Jaxon broke her fall, making her way to her office, Gina could only wish that people could take their eyes off her. She increased her walking speed, holding the files close to her chest. Darcy who was still in awe as well ran after Gina,by the time she got to her office, Gina was seated ,taking pills and gulping down water.
"You'll get addicted to these" she said shaking her head.
" They're helpful" Gina said throwing her head back.
" Are you alright?" Darcy asked ,her face showing concern
" Yes"she replied
" Sure?" She asked moving closer to her
"No!I'm not,ugh this today isn't really going well  It's just a first day and so much drama,so much staring,that wasn't what I wanted"Gina yelled.
Darcy rolled her eyes" you call that drama? Do you even know what drama is?"
" How could I loose balance and almost collide with our boss. I was lucky, that would have been more embarrassing?"she added heaving another sigh
" Okay? before you quit this because of something so little----"
"Little----?!"Gina cut Darcy in and Darcy interrupted her .
" say no more!" Darcy said with a serious tone.
"We wouldn't have known he was coming if not for blabber mouth Jessica, we all would have made so much mistakes. We still have a lot to correct, we're not perfect, not everyone, everything and everyday can be perfect. Who knows someone might get fired again. We all have bad days, I accidentally spilled coffee on Sir Miles a month ago. Do you know how bad that is?, You didn't mean to, you were looking down at files.  You didn't collide with him, you were able to pause before it happened, maybe it was fear or the fact that he's so damn gorgeous, you lost balance after, it would have been worse if you fell, Jaxon saved you like a hero from nowhere . What's wrong with that?, I won't let you resign this time, if that's your excuse to. It's cool to give people headaches, cracking unnecessary questions with their head, why? Because you're the centre of attention others wish to be, the reason they opening their damn freaking mouths to speak, the reason they found a job out of their forever joblessness, do you understand?! "
      Gina could only blink repeatedly, starring with her lips slightly parted, like she wanted to speak but held back, shocked at Darcy's sudden outburst, speaking to her like without  taking a break, not almost breathing , all she could do was pour some water into a cup for her to drink.

        Darcy began to pant heavily, she gulped down the glass of water Gina gave her in one go  her  chest falling and rising like she ran a marathon, she dropped the cup on Gina's desk. Gina could tell that she was upset. Darcy ran her hands through her thick brown hair as she threw her head back before she slumped down into a sit in front of Gina's desk. Then silence reigned between them.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
[A/N
I hope you guys are enjoying the story, Sorry this chapter is a little short,I didn't want it to be too long,so I felt it would be best to end it here, usually my chapters are a thousand words to a thousand and three hundred words. If you notice any errors please put them down in the comment section . Please don't forget to vote, if you have any comments , feel free to express them in the comment section and please do share and tell your friends about it, much love from your dear author ❣️]