CHAPTER 12

"Excuse me?" Aiden spun around.
"Sir?" Gina grimaced .
Aiden looked at Gina, somehow irritated. "I thought etiquette has taught us, to not  unnecessarily disrupt calls".
" If it was important why did you let me in? You could have simply told me to come back later.. sir!" Gina blared out of frustration.
Aiden became speechless, trying to find the right words to respond with.

"I'm sorry I yelled sir,I had no intention to. Here are the files you had earlier requested for at the meeting. If you have any questions about them you can ask Aidan Lorenzo, he's in charge of the accounting department. I'm a new employee I don't know much yet." She placed the files on his table and proceeded to leave his office without a chance to listen to his response. With hazed emotions, Gina trudged to the staff restroom.

' get hold of yourself Gina' she repeated several times, splashing water on her face.

"This can't continue, I'm loosing it all over again." She muttered under her breathe. Not long after Gina entered her departmental office, Joel came in.

" Arielle, we'll be closing a bit early today, we have to plan the party. It has to be perfect. We're meeting at Lillian's place today." He said glinting at Darcy, made a gesture towards her and Left."

" I think he likes you" Jessica teased.
" Shut up Jess." Darcy replied with a frown.
Darcy spent sometime with them before you left for her office.

After the meeting at Lillian's house. Wendy and Darcy helped Gina move into their apartment.
"This is harder than I thought, you have so many things." Wendy complained.

" It's because you're lazy." Darcy replied.
" That's right superwoman." Wendy drawled with sarcasm, stretching her neck from behind the heavy luggage bag she was carrying.
Gina didn't know if it was necessary to talk about what happened in Aiden's office with Darcy and Wendy, in the end she decided it wasn't necessary to.

When they were done arranging and cluttering things, Gina decided they call it a day since they did a lot of work and had lots more to do concerning the party and others.

The other days that followed were  spent on planning the party as well as managing office duties. Lillian and Joel volunteered to be the hosts for the party and take care of the venue. Gina, Darcy and Fredrick took care of the order of events, decorations and food. Anna took care of the DJ issue.

______________________

" How's this dress?" An excited brown haired lady asked holding a fitted creamy peach knee length dress.
" It's beautiful, I must say." Gina complimented
" I don't see you getting ready" Darcy said pouting her lips, zipping her velvety dress.
" Don't tell me.." she added suspiciously.

" I'm not going to the party" Gina replied
" Knew it!" Wendy said from the kitchen.
" Great! I'm not going too" Darcy began to remove her earrings.
" Go, you made great effort to plan the party." Gina said.
" We made great effort to plan the party" Darcy said with an emphasis on we.
" Let me break it down to you actually I've never attended any events since that." Gina said.

" You came to and planned my twelve year old birthday party" Darcy said.
" It was a party for kids, I was literally the oldest apart from your mom.. Darcy" Gina responded "this is a party,  with adults and alcohol" she added.

" C'mon!" Wendy said.
" Look sis, you aren't the only one with problems. I presently have huge college issues,stop acting this way, you won't die by attending, no one will eat you up.  It wouldn't kill you, aren't you tired of your exclusive gloomy life ?" She added

" Leave it Wen  she'll never understand, let her live her life like this in the end she'll regret not having fun while she could. I'm going to the party with or without her."