CHAPTER 11

The following day at work after everyone was present and had settled down, a meeting ensued a while after  the golden eyed man arrived. The meeting held in the company's conference room, it was big and the conference table could occupy thirty to forty employees.

It was indeed a spacious room, with air-conditioning at each corner of the room, a large projector and projection screen with a big white board next to it.
Every employee was on seat whispering things to each other, since they were unaware about the purpose of the meeting.

The little noise died as soon as Jaxon, Miles and the Golden eyed man walked into the conference room and took their seats at the far end, facing the projector screen and screen. Some of them began to adjust a few files in case they were required to be presented. Everyone wore serious looks on their faces.
As the trio passed by everyone stood up to show respect.

They all chorused" Good day sir" . 
Miles and the Golden eyed man slightly bowed their heads, raising their hands a little instructing them to seat while Jaxon responded with a smile. The golden man's seat was different from the rest of the seats. Everyone assumed it was because he owned the company.
Even Jaxon's and Miles's seats weren't as unique as his. If there was one thing they all knew, it was that the golden eyed man was trying to show that he wasn't on par with them.

Jaxon stood up to address everyone. They all expected the golden eyed man to go first, but he and Miles sat down crossing their legs with their usual stoic expression.
"Good morning everyone." Jaxon began.
"Good morning sir."  They all chorused.

" The main reason I called for a meeting is to introduce and welcome back the CEO of Maxwell enterprises, Aiden Smith. " They all clapped as Aiden stood up to address them. He waved at them to stop clapping.

" I am glad to be back in the company, I wasn't around because I had a few business issues to settle. But I assure you all that my attention towards the company from now will be undivided. I am also impressed by the recent contract bagged my Miss Darcy, Mr Aidan, Miss Anna, Mr Joel and Mr Jaxon with Mayor industries. The employees began to clap.

"I hope to see further improvements and deals like that, Miles and Jaxon have briefed me on the things I've missed, so far I have nothing much to complain about. I will need the total account of the profits acquired and losses incurred during the last six months. I hope I wouldn't be disappointed, we wouldn't want anyone getting fired now would we?" He added then sat down.

Jaxon stood up giving Aiden a weird look "I actually discussed with Aiden and miles and we all agreed that it would be a good idea for us to host a party to celebrate the deal we bagged and to welcome Aiden back to the company. Nothing too official, just dress nicely. See it as a semi-formal party, let's have a little fun. We need a break from busy schedules and work once in a while, only staffs from this organization are invited.

"If you'll be bringing anyone along, we won't allow more than a plus one. Trust me I can sense rascals from any angle, so bring responsible people to the party. Do inform those on leave as well, that  the party will hold in the next four days. If you're good at hosting or planning events or parties, raise your hands please."

Most of them were scared of disappointing them or getting complaints, so only seven  of them raised their hands.
"Okay? So Anna, Fredrick, Darcy, Joel , Lillian and ...". Gina who pressed her right hand on her temple was mistaken to have been one of those raising her hands "and Arielle." he added after scanning everyone's faces, so you all will be in charge of where the party would hold, food, decorations, music and others. Your budget for the party  should be summited before work closes tomorrow, any complains?".

Gina who was confused opened her mouth to speak but was stopped by Darcy who held her hand and shook her head as a sign not to, Gina who wasn't in the mood to argue with Darcy just complied.
"Since no one has anything to say, this meeting has come to an end you're all dismissed". Everyone began whispering to each other. Before anyone could leave the conference room a lady whispered to her colleague. " Our boss's  demeanor is something else, so cold and quiet even worse than Miles. It feels like he's been forced to run the company,he's barely available anyway.  He looks extremely proud to me."