CHAPTER 9

Gina never expected Darcy to speak like that, with her slightly parted lips, she said
"I know, I know, but it's just that I wanted a normal day, not for everyone to stare absurdly at me. You know all too well that such things irritate me,I hate unnecessary attention".
" And I understand, nothing is perfect, you once said that to me, remember? And there is no way you're quitting from this job. you  ought to know how much this means to Wendy and I. Some crave to be the centre of attention like you are. I know you're beautiful, smart and a lot more, Gina you know we mean well right?" Darcy said smiling , revealing her deep dimples.
"Thanks really, I don't know, it just felt awkward and I didn't trip because he's gorgeous, I've seen better and of course I know you mean well and please don't call me that again, at least  when we're here"Gina said with a faint smile.

      Darcy immediately understood what she said and  gently nodded her head.
"I'll have to go now, I have some work to do, everyone should be returning to their stations now". She said making her way to the door.
" What made you speak like that,it's so unusual of you." Gina said.
" Well, when you're bent on looking out for someone,you should learn to give it your all, you're no longer just a friend, you're a sister,I know what it feels like to be alone and sink into depression. You know after my dad died it was so hard for us, including mom,I could not help the thinking and..."

         Darcy was starting to get emotional,her molten green eyes began to glisten because of the tears that threatened to fall. Gina stood up and pulled her into an embrace"it's alright, don't cry please. We have each other" Her face reddened from all  the emotional  rush .
" I'm glad we met again, I won't act stubborn don't think too much, I'm so sorry for opening those wounds again."Gina said pulling away from the hug
" It's alright, you didn't mean to" she said patting her.
"I'm  for real, sincerely glad about the fact that we crossed paths again, it's the last thing I expected though." Gina said
"Cheer up, your face looks like a tomato" Darcy said and giggled
" And yours looks like hot sauce,well alright alright."Gina said with a faint smile.
"You better change " Darcy said pointing her index finger to warn
" I will"Gina said, before Darcy could respond , Aidan came through the door.

       He looked around the room, like a robot scanning a place,then his gaze moved towards Gina and then to Darcy"I sense a special girl moment in here " he said with a smug look
"Well you're right" Darcy said wiping the teardrop that almost fell from the corner of her eye.
"Wonderful, I'd like to share in this special moment" he said smiling and playfully raising his brows with a wink.
"No ,you can't and It's not funny" Darcy said punching him. Aiden yelped and rubbed his arm
" C'mon I don't think it's funny,I meant it, besides I just want to brighten up the gloomy atmosphere in here" he said .

         He glanced at Gina then pouted his lips before speaking
"Why so quiet?"
"Quiet?" Darcy asked
"I mean Arielle" He said
" Oh !nothing" she said with a soft chuckle
" It's how she is."Darcy said
" Tch tch tch,that's not good,well not to worry , I,Mona and Jessica will handle her, Vonn was like this till he met us,isn't it?"he said giving a confident smile
" Oh!how could I forget. I'm glad to not be a part of the blabber mouth gang. You act like a woman,well what can I say it's the result of being stuck with three women almost everyday. Oops!now four well I really have to go"Darcy said giggling and left the room.

      Gina's department was a large office with five desks and air conditioners at each corner of the room, it'd do well for a cold storage room if all were to be put on at once. Aidan took his seat and opened his mouth to start a conversation with Gina , but with the look on her face. He could tell she wasn't in the mood for a gist session at the moment.

       Mona and Jessica came in not too long after Darcy left. They seemed to be in the middle of a conversation but they stopped once they both entered the room,four eyes scanned the place,from Aidan's to Gina's .
"Well here is our newbie" Mona said with an exciting look,her wide smile revealing her perfectly white set thirty-two.
"Mona learn to be calm,you'll scare her away" Jessica said with a smirk.
"What?she's really pretty"Mona said shrugging her shoulders. Gina couldn't help but give a slight smile
"And too quiet" Aidan added
"Quiet? huh?not to worry we'll change that about you, Vonn was that way too"Jessica said facing Gina.

" That's what I said earlier, we'll teach her to be lively, right?" Aidan said
" Right!"the other two chorused with enthusiasm.
" Well it's only her first day,you can't expect her to be too  noisy and talkative that's too inappropriate. I remember my first day I barely spoke a single word,she might not be as boring as we think, right Arielle?"Mona asked
" Right!"Gina said with a smile.
"Well Darcy said being quiet is a part of her" Aidan said peeping from the computer system in front of him.

           Jessica folded get arms and moved closer towards Gina's desk
"Well , we're glad to have you here. We heard you're a Suma cum laude,that's huge,as you can see we are the most cheerful department in the company because no matter how much Miles yells at us,we don't let it get to us.  We're total lively and hate too much silence,it's a pity Vonn is on leave and that Mary is away for now but she'll be back soon, you'd love Mary."she added with an almost sad look.
" I'll try to fit in and to be less boring".
Gina said giving an assuring look.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
[A/N
Lol. Aren't Aidan, Jessica and Mona quite the characters? I hope you liked this chapter,sorry I haven't gotten to the main part yet but it's absolutely important that you get to know these characters, they'll be useful in the course of the story. Also let me know if you sight any errors. Do not forget to vote and comment if you have any and please please please share the story too.
See y'all next week^_^.