~the carousel keeps turning~

Luna's Pov

Watching the lights of New York light up from my empty dull apartment I've grown to call home over the last few years. I felt guilty looking back at the space that used to be filled with laughter and fun but now was filled with dark thoughts and bad memories.  The Apartment was the beginning of her last fresh start but it didn't turn out that way at all. Everything always ended badly for me it seemed.  It was close to the hospital I started doing my residency and close to Addison, Mark and Derek's practice. But it had been a hit quiet here recently. I did a tour in the army for six months after my last relationship ended and it made me fall back in love with surgery. I was drunk a few months ago and signed up forfor any surgical residency on the West Coast to get as far away from New York as possible. 

I double-checked the apartment one last time before leaving the keys on the kitchen counter and then headed down to the taxi taking me to the airport. A lot of my stuff I'd put into storage so that I could ship it over when I was settled in. If Derek or Addi were here they'd be reminding me not to run away again but I wasn't running away persay as I was following a dream. Which is something they wouldn't argue with. 

"Cab for Luna?" I ask to the car sit on the road outside my apartment. I'd booked it when I booked my flight so I didn't have to hail one down on the main street. 

"Yeah, do you need me to pop the trunk?" He asked with a very typical New York accent. He was looking at the two suitcases next to him when Luna was standing. She'd packed relatively light so wouldn't be a struggle trying to get it into the cab. 

"Yes thank you!" I still have a sort of English accent and she always got a look from the natives in the city. 

By the time I'd gotten settled into the seat in the back and nodding off to sleep, I was being woken up and told we were five minutes away from arrivals. One thing Luna could do was sleep anywhere which she'd gotten used to when she was young. 

1 week later

The fresh smell of rain hitting the balcony was the best feeling and constant feeling of being at home was enough to make me the happiest. Today was my first day at Seattle Grace Mercy West. It was 6 am and I was already on the same timezone as Seattle. I was a morning person which always freaked people out when I told them because why waste the day in bed when you good be up doing things? I already had a morning routine lined out which was going for a run, having a coffee on her balcony and then preparing for her residency. I looked down at my phone to see the welcome package email from the hospital which had been finally sent and then noticed once again that Addison and Derek hadn't texted me. Derek was both my Father and Big brother in one, Carolyn Derek's mother had taken me in when I was just a teenager after being brought into the hospital where she worked. Carolyn said I should call him as he would eventually pick up but I didn't see why I should make the effort when he hadn't messaged me.  

While I was looking at my phone I decided to finally block the person who I had been avoiding. Axel was my ex-fiance up until about a month ago. I found during I was serving my last week in the army, I'd finished my tour and was dragging out returning home but was made to be one of the fellow soldiers who'd gotten quite close with. 

Looking at the time on my phone I quickly put my laptop into many bags and used to get changed so that I could be on time and not make a bad impression on my first day. I had the essentials in my bag like my lucky pager which Mark had gotten me for our one anniversary, and my favourite snacks and then my notebook. 

Driving through the rain was a good reminder that even if something looks miserable there's also hope of a rainbow, it was something Addie would always say to me. Arriving at the hospital I picked the easiest spot to park in as driving and parking weren't my strong points. I took a deep breath looking up at the sign of the hospital. 

Seattle Grace Mercy West 

Then it finally sunk in, that this was where I was going to become a surgeon. A certified surgeon. Walking it I felt like I was floating. 

"Hi, can I speak with the chief, please? I'm a new resident transfer?" I said very politely, it's all about first impressions, I thought to myself. 

"Did you just say new resident?" It was quite a judgemental voice and quite a weird voice. I turned around to Asian women. She has the most beautiful hair and she was in light blue scrubs. 

" Yeah, it's my first day, do you know where the chief's office is?" I said again not trying to ruin any chance I have of being late. 

"Sure, it's this way... so where did you move from you sound British but kind of New York accent at the same time?" this time her voice was a lot lighter and kind of nice.

" Yeah, I'm from England, St Ives Cornwall to be exact moved to London when I was 3 though then to New York a few years after," I said trying to seem interested as well.

Walking into the elevator we stood in silence for a minute.

"What speciality are you going in for?" She said but this time kind of rude.

" Um that's kind of a personal question," I said trying to make a joke.

We both burst out into fits of laughter. And that was the moment I knew we were going to get along. I like you already, I'm cardio all the way, ay" she said still laughing.

The elevator dinged and she showed me across this amazing walkway.

"What's your name before I forget?" Luna asked looking forward. 

"Uh Cristina and we call this the catwalk, I'm gonna leave you hear as I've been paged but it's the first office on the left" she said rushing off after a few beeps came from her pager. 

"I'm Luna and Thank you!" I said shouting off after her. why am I embarrassing myself already? 

Walking slowly to this office. I stood by the door for a few minutes. It was weird it just said Chief of Surgery no name of qualifications no nothing. A blank name just like I was I guess. 

I tried to knock as lightly and politely as I could but it just came across as quite heavy and rude. Which is not what I was going for.

"Come in" the voice sounded very familiar and not at all what I imagined Richard Webber to sound like. I always imagined him to be very well-spoken and with a deeper voice. 

I opened the door and the pit of my stomach dropped. No way was he here. 

Notes-

I hope you guys are enjoying it! This is my first ever book. If you have any notes or anything please tell me. I've started imid-seasonon 6 so we have a lot to go yet.

The mystery of who Luna will continues.