Because you were fixed all along

Jacksons POV

'You know I avoided surgery today. Because of what's going on with you and Sloan...'

'Nothing is going on with me and Sloan' Lexie says back. Not very convincingly.

'Yeah there is, and there's something going on with me and Plastics and I'm not going to let anything get in the way of that'

'Luna' She says.

'Luna? What's she got to do with this?'

'She back and you want to be with her'

'No, no. Well, what if I did Lexie? Your still in love with Mark and who are we fooling'

'I'm sorry Jackson, I um I've always been jealous of her. Mark, he just he doesn't look at me like he looks at her'

'Lexie he does, you gotta be open with him. Even if you haven't admitted it to yourself yet' I say picking my bag up to leave.

'Avery!' Karev runs in shouting.

'What?'

'Luna she was...she was in an accident and Sloan and Shepherd are operating now' He spits out trying to get his breath back.

Damn Luna.

'Uh okay, what OR?'

'Jackson' I hear lexie say behind me.

'OR 4, but Jackson she's okay. She has a brain bleed and a broken arm'

'Okay cool. Um, I'm gonna go to the house and get her stuff so she's comfortable when she wakes up' I say walking out the room.

I was putting some of her stuff into a bag when I see a letter fall to the floor with my name on it. Don't look at it. Don't.

'She wrote that in Therapy in LA'

'Whoa, you scared me, Sloan'

'How do you know?'

'It's her way of dealing with things, She writes everything she feels onto a piece of paper then when she's over the feelings or thoughts she burns them and then she's done with that part of feeling in her life. Or' He stops talking taking a piece of paper out of his wallet. 'She gives them to you'

What happened with her and Sloan?

'Oh okay, I wasn't going to read it.'

'You don't need to cover with me. She gave me mine when we got her back from LA. She holds onto things. She reads into things and doesn't trust people. So Jackson when I say this I mean this in the most important and understanding way. Please stay away from her or don't break her again. She's been through too much and the last time she trusted you she lost both of her best friends' That hurt.

'Uh okay, I don't know what you mean by this though'

'Look Luna is fragile. She is right now....Also, bring her hoodies she likes the green one with Boston on it I think. She was wearing it back from LA and I think she has an emotional attachment to it' That's my hoodie. I gave it to her after the shooting and just thought i lost it.

'Yeah, I will thank you. Sloan, what did happen with you two?'

'What me and Luna? We are family. And the family goes through things.But please leave her be' He says leaving.

What am I going to do? Be her friend?

'Avery, Yo.' Karev says running up to me. I was standing at the nurse's station doing charts.

'She's awake. She's okay' Thank god.

'Karev, Why do you keep on updating me on Luna?'

'Luna would want you to know. Also between us, I think of us as friends so I am going to update you on her because I know Luna would update us on the other if they were in this position' He says walking back off.