this is me trying

"Jackson, can you sit with me please?" Luna asked seeing Jackson come home. They hadn't spoken since the night before. She took the day off to process everything which was when she'd found the letter. She'd be sat on the couch for an hour staring at the letter Mark had written her. She'd had it stuffed in her bag. Since finding out they won the case, she didn't feel like she had to hide her emotions about it. She missed a mark.

"Just give me a second Baby" Jackson said taking his jacket and shoes off and sitting down.

Luna took a deep breath staring into Jackson's eyes. His company seemed to calm her down.

"Mark wrote me letters, Callie gave them to me before he passed away. And I want to read them but I thought you could read them with me. I don't think I can do it alone" Luna said shuffling in her seat.

Jackson sat down and took Luna's hand. They both read letters. And to both of them, they felt like their own thoughts on Mark had been answered.

"Mark loved you" Jackson whispered.

Luna looked in shock at what he said.

"That doesn't mean I don't love you" Luna snapped back defensively.

"I know you do, and I'm okay with knowing that you will always love him. As he said, you are each other's soulmate. You can't have gone through what you both went through and have any feelings there." Jackson said wisely.

Luna nodded. She felt a need to be seen her whole life and now she was seen without even trying to be.

"At least that solves where we are gonna live" Luna laughed.

"That's very true" Jackson said leaning his head on Luna's shoulders.

"I never knew Mark could be so emotional" Luna continued laughing.

Jackson suddenly jumped up grabbing his keys.

"Where are you going?" Luna asked surprised.

"To look at the house, aren't you a bit curious?" Jackson said holding out his hand.

Luna grabbed Jackson's hand. The drive over was quick.

They pulled up to a nice neighbourhood. One you'd raise a family in. The car stopped outside the house. It was beautiful. A house she dreamed of living in when she was younger.

"Do you want to go in?" Jackson asked, Luna had been quiet since they'd got there.

"Yeah let's see what we are dealing with," Luna said getting out of the car and entering the house. Everything was as Mark had said in the letter.

Even pictures on the fridge she didn't expect to be there.

"There's a draw over here with stuff for Sofia," Jackson said.

"He had everything planned out" Luna said staring around the house. It was beautiful and she couldn't believe that it was hers and Jackson's.

"Is it weird he left it to us? Not Callie and Arizona?" Luna questioned.

"Well, when I spoke to Torres she felt weird sleeping in Marks's apartment let alone his house," Jackson said.

"Do you want to head home? We can talk about when we are scheduling my surgery and when we will officially move in" Luna said linking arms with Jackson.

They couldn't stop talking about the future when they made it back to their apartment. Talking about kids, getting married and all the surgeries they'd like to accomplish.

And that conversation lit a fire in Luna she thought had been put out for a long time.

_____________________________________________