flight

When the light began to fill Luna's vision the only thing she could feel was a turning sensation from her legs. Like they were on fire.

Spreading her eyes to see where she was secretly hoping she was just having a bad dream. But she wasn't. Her body was trapped or pinned they would say in the ER. Looking around she could see anyone. She felt like she was screaming but no one was answering.

The heat radiating off her body she thought was because of the sun it wasn't until she looked down that she saw a fire on her body that freaked her out. The pain had almost become bearable for her, it had been burning away at her skin to which she didn't know how much would be left.

Out of instinct, she began blowing trying to put it out but nothing.

"Help!" Luna shouted but she felt like she wasn't screaming or if she was nothing was coming out.

"Derek! Mark! Lexie!" Luna shouted once more but still nothing she felt blood on her neck so assumed her voice had been ruptured in the crash in some way.

Luna tried to sit up to see how much her body was stuck but couldn't even feel her other arm. The weight of whatever was keeping her pinned felt like it was piercing her skin.

"Hellllppp" Luna screamed again but felt like nothing was coming out again.

But no one. Luna was alone once again. The cold air sunk deep into the cuts that stayed hidden for so long but the open environment had re-opened them so quickly.

She knew as a surgeon she was going to die. But she had hoped it wasn't today or tomorrow. She wanted to do so much.

There were so many things going through her mind like what if this was a dream and she was still on the plane Or if her arms and legs aren't there anymore she has no hope.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by an aggressive shaking and a sudden feeling of a cold substance.

There was a face she knew so very well in front of her.

Looking back down she saw the raw skin in front of her eyes.

"Meredith!" Luna shouted happy to finally see someone but she couldn't hear what she was saying back.

Meredith looked at her with such distress. The reality finally settled in for Luna she wasn't getting out alive or the way she got on that plane.

The darkness in Luna's eyes began to spread and the consciousness had left her body.

Meredith quickly gathered the clothes in the surrounding areas to put on Luna, to help stop the infection.

"Cristina!" Meredith began to shout.

"Derek! Mark!" Meredith shouted.

Meredith looking around finally saw Derek.

"Derek, you're alive?" Meredith cried out.

"Where's Luna?" Derek asked finally realising if Meredith is alive he needs to double-check her.

"She's here she was conscious but then she went she's still got a pulse but she couldn't hear me when I was talking. She's trapped underneath the chair" Meredith said pointing.

Derek looked around to see what was around knowing both he and Meredith couldn't lift that in their conditions.

"Okay get that to wedge the chair and then you pull her out okay," Derek said putting a big branch under the chair.

They both managed to get Luna out and assess her injuries.

"Her leg, her arms, Derek her hands," Meredith said noticing the damage caused to her lower leg.