Settling back in or getting ready to leave again?

Lunas POV

Knock Knock.

'Dr Hunt, I mean Chief Hunt'

'Hi yes, Luna. Your back. Come in.'

'I was told I needed to see you.'

'Yes, I received the letter from Dr Montgomery which means that the last six months count for your residency. But Luna are you okay?'

'Yeah, I'm fine. I needed time away and I'm fine now and ready to work and be the best surgeon I can be.'

'Good because I have missed my favourite resident everyone has. But Luna you have any problems don't hesitate your a friend.'

It's weird walking around the same hospital I used to silently despise but now I felt different I felt like it was a well-needed break and now being back I was ready to get in on the surgery. I was with Dr Altman today who I had met but never worked with so I was excited.

'Dr Altman, Dr Shepherd here. I'm your resident today.'

'Okay good, I've heard nothing but good things about you and quite frankly I need someone quick on their feet today. I have back to back Cardio surgeries today and I need good assist. You ready?' She says walking into the elevator.

'Yes, I'm ready.' I say following her into the elevator.

'So Dr Shepherd, you pick a speciality yet?'

'Not really, I love Peds and trauma so might get double board-certified but also love the idea of Cardio and Neuro so a lot going on in there at the moment.'

'You seem you need a fall in love with surgery again.' She said walking out of the elevator.

Come to think of it I do the thought of surgery was ruining me for weeks. I really did.

The first surgery I did was coronary artery bypass surgery. Which was so cool to do let alone be the first to assist with. Watching the heart start to beat again was just amazing. I've never felt anything like that before it was amazing.

'Shepherd you want to close?' I hear from Dr Altman.

'Yes'

'Shepherd? Have we met before you seem oddly familiar.'

'Well yes I worked here six months ago for maybe a year two years.'

'No from before that. Odd question. Did you ever serve in the army?'

'Um yes I did for one year maybe can't remember how long.'

I saw her look at my eyes and then look down again and that's when it hit me. Teddy. It was Teddy. She only knew me as Nova which would be why she didn't know straight away.

'That was a lovely stitch and a great surgery'

We were stood in the scrub room. It was awkward silence before she said that.

'I...You do know me from the Army. I...my real name is Nova. I changed my name after I left so I wouldn't get found. Which didn't necessarily work but. You do know me we served together'

The awkwardness filled the room again.

'You know I always thought Luna was a pretty name.'

It made me smile to know she didn't even ask about anything she just continued to act like nothing happened. Owen and Teddy helped me after everything with my family and things in London Imploded. Its just nice to know that they never and will never judge me.

'Luna Shepherd will make a great surgeon, like you were in there. Make sure you don't take cardio off your list just yet.'

Walking through he halls of the hospital I was falling in love with the things I used to love so much which felt great. Jackson walked past me and didn't even say hi which s hurt.

'Jackson. Jackson.'

'What Luna?!'

'I held a human heart today and watched it start to beat again. How cool is that!'

'haha yeah that is a pretty good feeling. Um Luna?'

'Yeah'

' It wasn't just you okay'

'Okay, I got to get back to Altman so Jackson save lives today' I say running through the crowd of people.

I was walkign around the hospital for ages looking for Altman when i came upon the labs where Lexie and Derek were stood.

'Do you know Hunt expects us all to play baseball against Seattle Pres?' I say walking in.

'Yeah we have been out practising' Lexie says taking her eyes away from the board.

'Which Luna you'd known if you didn't run away.' Derek snapped at me.

'Woah who peed in your porridge?' I ask back. Which Lexie snickers at.

'Sorry this just wont work.' He said back.

'You tried moving her head and not just the probe?' I say picking up a small brain.

Derek and Lexie look at each other.

'If we change the angle of the head and keep the probe the same.'

'We've been changing the wrong things okay.'

'You change the Head'

'It's fine I'll take my knowledge and brilliance somewhere else?' I say leaving them two to work together.

I was getting paged to the ER which was weird because I thought that teddy was on break.

'Hey Altman, thought you were on break?'

'I was until we got this called in.'

I looked behind her to see a child with a stab wound in their chest.

'Female, between the ages of 9-13. Stab wound across the chest. looks deep. Heart rate has been going up and down all the time.'

'Okay let us work' Arizona says pushing them out the way.

'Someone book an OR and page Karev to meet us there.' Arizona shouted at me.

'Yes of course. Dr Altman where do you want me?'

'First cardio assist' she answered.

When i was scrubbing in all i could think about was how that kids life was seriously in our hands.

'Ay Luna your in this surgeon. Good to be working with you again' He said scrubbing in next to me.

Luna come on you can do this get out your head. Youve operated on younger and older before come on. You can do this.

The surgery was going well. I was able to help keep the heart in order and avoid any questions.

'So Luna have you met sofia yet?' Arizoan asked me.

Here we go.

'No I haven't i was meant to ask Mark when I could but totally forgot.' I replied trying to make the most out of the situation.

'Well it would be nice for Sofia to mee there Godmother.' Arizona replied.

'I'm Sofia's Godmother?' I Ask.

'Suction please? and Yes. Mark wanted you to be and me and Callie didn't see any reason why not.' She answered.

the surgery went very well and the child wa going to make a full recovery. But currently i was on the way to the Baseball game. Which i really wasn't looking forward to because this was the first time i was going to be seeing everyone together again.

'So Shepherd, you've been working with my wife?' This tall man walks up to be.

'Uhh who is your wife?'

'Teddy? Dr Altman.'

'Yes sorry. She is Great Doctor. Um do you work for the hospital too?'

'Ha no, well yes until tomorrow Hunt hired me as a assistant or something I've forgotten. Ohh your asking how i know Teddy. I was a patient she was my doctor and i needed insurance then we feel in love. Sounds like its from a book right?"

'Hahah yeah it does. She seems happy though which is good' I answer.