the night before

"Okay remember to say all of the work in peds in LA and Fetal as well," Arizona said to Luna before readjusting her bag on her shoulder.

"I know what to say I'm prepared," Luna said very smugly.

"I know but you are about to go through the most important thing in your career" Arizona said looking at Luna.

"She knows we've already prepared her all night," Mark said walking up to the pair with Derek at his side. They both stood looking at Luna with a proud dad-esque look.

"Now remember to take your time with the answers and go into as much detail," Derek said pulling her into a hug.

"Guys I need to get on the bus but thank you all for the help and the not-so-helpful. I will text you guys when I'm there" Lina said hugging them all before getting on the bus.

She looked back for a second feeling so lucky to have them waiting and wanting to help her.

Getting on the bus she didn't realise the number of residents at the hospital. It was full.

The only seat that was left was next to Jackson. The one person she didn't want to talk to.

"Is it okay if I sit here? Its the only seat left" Luna asked painting an awkward smile across her face.

"Sure," Jackson said moving his bad off the seat he put there to be alone.

Luna sat down looking around to notice April and Alex were sitting next to each other, this in Luna's mind was an easy switch.

"April could we switch? I and Alex can test each other" Luna said eyeing Jackson sitting next to her.

"Yeah that's fine, I downloaded a film so I and Jackson could watch it together," April said getting up and switching straight away.

Luna sat down grabbed her cards out of her bag and read through them.

"You gotta talk to him right?" Alex said turning to look at Luna.

"Huh" Luna responded.

"Avery, he had a whole dinner planned for you after boards," Alex said looking at Luna.

"No, he didn't don't lie," Luna said giggling and making eye contact with the seriousness in Alex's eyes.

"He had a dinner planned????" Luna said very loudly it got April's attention.

"The person in question probably heard that, so have this conversation, not in a confined space?" April snapped at the pair.

"He had a dinner planned?" Luna whispered to Alex, looking around and noticing Jackson was looking their way.

"Look he liked you like like you and I know he broke your promise or whatever but so did you. Don't act as if he left you because he spoke to Hunt and said he wanted to speak to you afterwards but you had already decided on leaving so he cancelled everything. I love you Luna but come on. You need to fix whatever this is between you before you leave" Alex said before turning over to look out the window.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Shepherd! Shepherd" Avery said shaking Luna awake.

"Sorry must've fallen asleep," Luna said stunned that he was the one to wake her up.

"It's fine, we are here though. You got the yellow suitcase right?" Jackson asked

"Yeah, it is," Luna said stuffing her stuff into her bag before following him off the bus.

Luna had noticed he had put them both together.