Twenty-Four | Pretty little lie

Odette Sinclair

"I want to come home" I wrote within my letter to father. I've written hundreds of letters and have sent out none to the messenger boy. If I were to send my letters out, I would be placed within the dungeons. Augusto fooled me. I was fooled into believing that a beast like him, could feel emotions- allowing him to smile the way he did couldn't have been faked.

He is capable of anything. My wolf reminds me.

After I told him my secret, I left. Left him in his office to think, left so I could think.

I was lied too. An enemy knows I'm a secret. Am I going to die? A question I could ask the lier but I would only be fooling myself. If I am, would it change anything? What if my secret comes out that I'm pregnant?

It's been a week since then.

He feels bad Odette. Talk to him.

Please Odette? For me?

Odette?

Plea- I shut my wolf when she wouldn't stop. I will do this on my own time. So instead, I painted or took a walk through the gardens. Whenever I heard him call my name from down the hall, I would head to my old bedroom and shut the door- locking it behind me. Of course he knocked a couple times pleading but I stayed quiet.

The nights grew colder as the awkwardness grew. The once peaceful home I felt here started to fade. You hid the letter, just like your hiding me.

I visited the doctor once a week, due to my current state he thinks I'm carrying two pups.

He's wrong. Doctors are so stupid. We are only carrying one, but it's a little sick. Maxi defends.

"Your getting weaker Your highness" The doctors voice wobbled, scared to finish in case Augusto hears him.

Maybe I'm getting weaker because my baby needs it's strength.

Or, you're sick and it's not helping our case.

I giggle, nodding that at some point I will eat.

Signing my name, I lay a painting along the drying rack while taking in the view of purple and pinks mixing within the sky. Why does it have to be this way?

"It doesn't." I paused. His voice rings in my head. It doesn't.

"Can I help you your highness?"

"Don't. That is a tittle used for others, not you." His footsteps grow as he walks closer.

"Is that so? I shall call you what others call you." He stopped. I could sense his arm reaching out to me has now fallen back to his side.

"Odette don't start with this again." His voice grows in annoyance.

Turning around, I look at him. "Did you just say that?" I laugh in disbelief. "I have every right to start Augusto. I am your wife! I'm your pity little secret."

"I understand that Odette! Do you not understand that there's a war going to happen? I'm doing this for your safety!" His voice roars through the room.

"I don't want to be a secret to my people anymore. If I'm going to be your queen I need to act like it and be just that!" I yell back.

"Do you have any idea how I would feel if something happened to you?! I wouldn't be able to live with myself Odette. I can't live without or our baby." His fist turn white, the veins in his arms from his shirt being rolled up show but his arms relaxed as he got onto his knees in front of me.

"You have a funny way of showing that. One minute you say shit like that, the next I'm just a "secret" and nothing is my business." I turn away. I don't want to talk anymore.

I froze. This was all too much and I knew I couldn't handle it. Silence took over for a while, so it seemed.

"May I?" Looking at me, I nod. Confused at what he's doing. Gently, he rests his hands on my growing tummy.

"Please try and understand that our baby must stay a secret my love. If he finds out, he will hunt you down and might kill you. I can't let that happen, I'm sorry. I'll be better with my words and what I mean." His lips meet my stomach, in small butterfly motions.

"I'll try to understand." I reply receiving a smile from him. He gets up, pulling me into his arms.

"Will you come back to our room now?"

Our. My heart fluttered.

"Yes"

My mind repeated his name in my head as his hands caressed my sides, holding onto me tightly. "Thank you." His head rest against mine as he held me tighter against him. Enough to leave a beautiful shade of colliding blue and purples.

Augusto.

He wouldn't let go and I don't think he wanted too. I wasn't complaining but all he did was look at the little bump of my stomach. I was only weeks into this pregnancy but for some reason I still started to show. His hands traveled from my hips to stomach. A smile appeared on his face. Not the smile you would normally see from an arrogant asshole of a man but a smile so gentle and happy that you want to keep the picture forever.

"Girl or boy?" He asked.

I looked up at him and smiled.

• • •

Laying in our bed again felt right. I laid in a bra and undies while he laid in only pants, touching my stomach and talking to it.

"I love you already and you aren't even the size of my hand yet."

"You have pretty big hands babe. They remind me of a monkey." I laugh.

"Haha you're so funny." He lets how a low chuckle.

Oh I know I am.

He kisses my stomach over and over again, making giggles come out of my mouth.

"I have a question."

"What is it?" I ask.

"How come you didn't tell me? For these past couple weeks you knew. When I had to go away on business you knew. Why not tell me?"

I stopped and thought about an understanding response to that.

"I thought you would be upset. I didn't exactly think we were ready regarding everything going on but I can't typically control this type of thing. We have been arguing and I didn't think this either would help nor did I want this baby to be abandoned." He looks at me intently.

"Everything I do is for you. Now, it will be for you and our baby. My family comes first."

Tearing up, he holds me like it was the last time.

___________

Girl or Boy ?

J <3