Twenty | Her Mother

Augusto Cyrus

The way her lips pressed against my abdomen sent me over the edge. It's a view I never though I would see or want to see. The way she looked at me, naked- practically on her knees in front of me made something inside me ignite like fire.

Beautiful. So beautiful.

Waking up next to her was a whole different feeling.

Rolling over, I see her laying there in deep sleep. Hair sprawled out over the pillow and against her face as she slept. She looked peaceful.

Moving over, I slightly kiss her shoulder, her neck and cheek earning a groan out of her. I chuckle.

She's beautiful. Her soft light tanned skin makes her hair look like gold. These past few months have felt nothing but fun. All because of her and I couldn't help but think about the fact that as her husband, I choked her the way I did. I even did enough to forcefully mark her and she doesn't deserve that.

I pull her into my arms, caressing any inch of her skin I can get too. She moans, her eyes slowly opening.

"Why are you being such a creep by starring?" She asks with her groggy voice from the lack of water.

"Well Good morning to you too" I laugh.

She laughs, trying to roll over.

"No come on, it's time to get up." I pull her back.

"Nooo! I wish to sleep. I'm sore today." She snuggles into the blanket more.

"I'm sorry my love. You could have told me to slow down."

She rolls her eyes, "It wouldn't have felt as amazing if you were going slow." I chuckle.

Rolling on top of her, I kiss her.

Once.
Twice,
And another.
And another.

She giggles and kisses back. Pulling away, I lay my head against hers living in this moment.

She's strong I've come to realize. Strong yet fragile. It's something I hold onto though. Living with the memories of that night, to shyly being blamed. I think back to when her father practically shoved her into my arms.

Maybe he is blaming her for his wife's death, and the only way to make her suffer is by being with me.

"What was your mom like?" I asked, my voice holding a steady tone. Her eyes traveled anywhere in the room, never looking into mine as she smiled on the topic of her mother.

"She was the sweetest person you would ever meet. Mother would be the life of the balls, the solution to problems and made our kingdom rise by kindness. I believe she is what made my kingdom so successful by raising the poor into hard workers. I remember one Christmas Eve, we held a ball. Another girl stepped on my dress and tore it from the back. When I told her about it, she brought me upstairs and showed me how to sow. We took it step by step." Her eyes seemed to shine brighter when she talks about her.

"She understood the struggles of being a women to be arranged into a marriage she didn't want. She did it for her people."

"Did your mother and father get along?"