Thirty - Two | Royal Ceremony prt.2

Odette Sinclair

My ears were ringing when the announcers voice calls out, breaking up each conversation there was. Announcing our names, we walk through the double doors that silently begged for me to turn around.

Everyone's eyes lock on us. The rooms silence to claps take me back to this moment. I stand here, smiling alongside my husband as we decent the stairs.

As we make it towards the end Augusto nods his head, kissing the back of my hand before making his way through the crowd. Where is he going? Is this part of the plan?

Mentally shrugging, Mrs. Evergreen walks over alongside her husband.

"Oh my, you look beautiful Mrs. Cyrus!" Mrs.Evergreen smiles quietly, bowing down her head. I told her everything between the secret marriage. Within these several months, she's become a very close friend as well as an excellent secret keeper. The only secret I've kept is about the pregnancy.

"Why thank you Mrs.Evergreen. You look magnificent yourself." I smile.

"How are things since last ball? It's been awhile since we've chatted."

I nod, walking arm and arm with her as we take our seats. "Everything's been great. Augusto and I have been discussing about what to do with this war with Mogrea. He thinks is bluff but I'm not so sure."

A maid comes by to give out glasses of water. Nodding, I take it and take a sip.

"Mr. Cyrus believes many things to be a bluff. We've known this about him. I agree with you, this type of scheme doesn't seem to be a bluff. Is this why you have decided to hide your pregnancy?" She sips her red wine that the maid brought out.

I choke on my water slightly. "How did you know?" I look at her.

She chuckles, "I can see the change in you Odette. Your aura is different, your attitude is stronger. You seem more observant than ever. Your secret is safe with me, darling." She nods her head again, sipping her wine and looking through the crowd.

I join her, eyeing the people in the crowd. Lords, Villagers and Courts remain in conversation. From across the room, Augusto talks with a broad man and a small framed women. Both I've never seen nor met.

"Does he know?" Mrs. Evergreen asks.

"Mhm?" I murmur, still observing an obvious secret conversation.

"Does Augusto know he is going to be a father?"

"Yes. He's known and was the one to decide of keeping this a secret." A take another sip of my water, all of a sudden feeling queasy.

We sat there people watching. Observing the conversations we hear, the body language of those from other kingdoms. For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of Augusto and his other guest. Who are you talking to Augusto?

My mind began to wonder, maybe a little too much for my sake. As if he felt me stare, his eyes found mine. It was intense the way he looked at me. I never wanted to look away. He made me this way.

"He loves you. Very much so." Sitting next to me, Emily smiles sipping her own glass of what I can guess is lemonade.

"I agree. Whenever he is around you, he is all about you. Even if he wants no one to notice, we notice." Mrs. Evergreen smiles and raises her glass towards Emily and her.