Eight | Darklings Privacy

Augusto Cyrus

        I ran farther through the forest behind the castle, my feet trembling against the coarse cold ground. I can't let her in. Fuck the mate bond; like father said, it's the most mousy excuse for sexual right's.
        The night got colder, the fire from the torches make a whipping sound as I run by, the leaves swaying on impact. The snow chases it's chance to make landing but as soon as a dream is made, it can be easily taken; as the once hopeful snowflake is melted into the air, into nothing it resembled reality it a dark twisted way. Father made me realize that along time ago.

As I came close to the waterfall, I transform back, slipping my clothing before untainted eyes notice me.

A place of solitary virtue payed to be a mystery to others. Those of my kingdom, my empire alone to see this waterfall. The tears of the innocent, the tears and sweat of the warriors who fought viciously in the first battle. Their souls remained at peace here.

"I, Augusto Cyrus, King of Zuthya will not break my vow to those who fought ever so bravely to fight against Mogrea. I shall not break my oath to protecting the lands and empire we have fought for, cried for, sacrificed for and sweat for; I shall end this war as if a plague swept the earth leaving no conflict behind." Looking up within the tall cobblestone tombstone, betrayed the marks of the chaste and the cunning. My father, being one of them.

~~~

"Your Highness, King Evergreen has come to speak with you." Lilian announced, as she widened the door. One look up and the older gentlemen walks in. 5'10, brunette with aged skin is what I've gathered from him. A simple man, only talks amongst resolutions to stir away from another war. A type of man I respect. 

"I'm sorry to disturb you and come here unannounced Mr. Cyrus." Shaking my hand with exigency.

"What seems to be the matter now Evergreen, I don't have much time to lallygag." I presume.

"Another warrior in my kingdom has been taken, beaten and slaughter. Only returned with a unknown embedded symbol. If you might as well look another way of this situation I might as well have mistaken you for a fool. My Kingdom is being taken one by one. I don't stand that chance of survival!"  The demeanor in his voice sounds strident, leaving no absence of coldness behind.

"And I have been training my pack, MY kingdom to fight along side yours as if war should be brought upon the table Evergreen.  I will be leading this war, I will end Mogrea if thats what it takes. I will backup you and the other kingdoms. But, I refuse to  break my oath with my fallen soldiers and I most certainly refuse to be called a fool under my own walls. Is that clear Mr.Evergreen?" Tilting my head sideways, I lean against my desk each hand in fist besides a stack of papers.

"Mr.Evergreen, my kingdom is vicious, merciless, born warm blooded creatures to kill the threaten statements. You and Mr. Sinclair will crumble without my help," His eyes spoke truth and fear, "And I think we both know that. So unless you want to be walking on the rubble of your kingdom I suggest you shut your mouth and know who you're speaking too." He nodded.

"My apologies Mr. Cyrus. It was unkind of me to speak such names to you in your kingdom."

"Evergreen, I shall watch Morgrea crumble, but my oath to my people will not be sacrificed to the inevitable."

I value oath, my word and my kingdom. The fallen shall not be forgotten. We shook hands as I walked him out of the office, harshly closing them. Rubbing my throbbing head, I hear her. Her light angelic clicks against the flooring walking down the hall.

"Oh, Good day to you King Evergreen!" Her voice seems calm and collected, with a sense of curiosity to the sudden argumentative noise from my office.

"Good day to you Princess Sinclair, I must leave but it was great to talk briefly." His hurriedly scattered feet walked with haste creating a smirk to rise to my face.

Sitting back down a sudden knock takes place. "How may I assist you Miss. Sinclair at this hour?" Signing, and looking over documents, her small from walks around the door, closing it carefully like it might shatter.

"What was the sudden visiting of King Evergreen? Was another taken?" She questioned.

"Princess, What he and I discuss holds no matter to you. How did you know his people are being taken?" No response came from her. Not even a breathe. Looking up at her, her eyes stared back at mine.

"I listened. I did what I had to do I-" I stood up, quickly making her jump back. She fucking eavesdropped. Within swift leaps, I am quickly in front of her, trapping her within my body and the wall. My hand connected with her cheeks, holding her mouth closed.

"You do not fucking eavesdrop in on my conversations, or so help me I will fucking kill you Odette. I am your king and you will respect my privacy. Do you understand me?" I say harshly. She nods quickly so I let her go. As I turn around and walk back to my desk she speaks.

"I am your mate and your future wife, this kingdom will be half mine Augusto, so it's only right that I-" I shut her up right there. My hand collides with her cheek. She keeps her hand on her reddened cheek. Pushing her into the wall, I choke her and speak loudly so she can hear me, "This Kingdom is mine Odette. MINE, so don't you ever think otherwise. If it wasn't your father to throw you basically in my hands then no, I wouldn't try to find you. I don't want a mate and I most certainly don't want a wife." I snarled making her flinch along with many tears that scream to fall.

"Sinclair, if this war were to break out," I start "you would be the last person I'd save."

Pearls of water flew down her cheeks, two at a time, one then three and back to two. She's quiet for a moment.

You have got to be the biggest idiot I have ever met.

Shut up Seth.

Backing away from her, she runs to the door, opening it and slipping away leaving a sharp slam to claim it.

I wouldn't walk away from her then, I wouldn't dare move. What made this time different? Nothing. Absolutely nothing other than I was doing the right thing for my kingdom. I would break her until her petals aged with defeat than die from giving in. From letting anything weaken me. Weakness is failure and this kingdom can't afford that again; I can't afford that.