Five | Birthday Fate prt. 2

Augusto Cyrus

"Your Highness, you look handsome. Is this the suit for the evening? Any arrangements you desire?" Jones stand's back as I look at the man in the mirror.

"This will do Jones. Thank you, your efforts are appreciated." He nods, walking out of the room. Lilian walks in.

"Are you seriously going?"

"Yes and how does that affect you Miss. Grace?" I'm amused I must say, her eyes roll making Seth chuckle in the back of my mind.

"How do you think she will feel? The girl wants her mate for crying out loud! Just be careful with this Augusto."

"I know what I'm doing." Looking in the mirror, I smirk.

"Do you really?" She mocks.

"Miss.Grace there is one thing your missing, a wise man always has a plan."

• • •

The ballroom was decorated with gentle silks of crème and rose gold marble. Fairy lights wrap around the columns outside as you walk in.

Impressive I smirk.

Guest make their rounds in discussion as I stand by, watching and observing.

"Ah, Hello Mr.Cyrus!" Mr. Monroe bellows, holding his hand out.

"Hello" I reply.

Before he can speak, Mr.Sinclair comes out. Thank god.

"Attention everyone, Welcome! Thank you so much for attending my daughters ball. We welcome you in a peaceful manner. Now, please welcome, my daughter; Princess Odette Fay Sinclair." His voice echos through the ballroom before it's overthrown by cheers of joy.

I roll my eyes, making my way to greet others. At the corner of my eye, I see Mr. Martin. He greets others while helping himself to punch.

Mr.Martin is an older man, with grey hairs starting to seize over his dark brown hairs, as well as his beard. He's well small than me, maybe around 5'8-5'10.

"Ah, your highness, I never thought you would be here!" He choked on his punch. He's a local merchant, with business that some kings would call suspicious.

"Well of course, how could I miss my new ally's ball for his daughter's birthday?" I emitted. His eyes widened at my response.

"You and King Sinclair? Mr.Cyrus, h-how did that become a thing?"

"Personal matters are personal. Isn't that right Mr.Martin?" He nodded and shifted uncomfortably.

"Tell me Martin, how is business? I've heard you've been busy. Things must be good if you haven't been by my land." I cross my arms over my chest, making the suit jacket hug tighter around my arms.

He wraps his hand around the back of his neck, rubbing it anxiously.

"Since you have stopped begging me Martin, Your wife has been. Let me just tell you, she is one pretty thing on her knees. Especially when she begs." I smirk at him, causing him to frown with the top of his knuckles to turn white.

"Don't you dare touch my wife." He outraged.

"Ah but Martin" I point my finger at him, "now I understand when you say her mouth is magic." I wink at him.

"Cyrus, I swear you-" I cut him off, holding my hand up. My body stiffens when I smell it, when I hear a breathe. The scent of roses and winter mornings fills the air around me.

Frantically, I search everywhere; looking for the cause of the delicious scent. Finally I find it, standing in the middle of the dance floor staring back at me. She's absolutely gorgeous, radiant even. Her golden blonde hair falls ever so gently down her chest and back. Luminous strands fall besides her face. her tiny, yet curvy figure shakes with desire. Her chest, oh her chest pops out making me growl quietly from jealousy. Who the fuck let her wear that. I snap at the thought of the asshole who let her walk around with unmated males around.

MATE AUGUSTO! GO TO HER. Seth practically yells at me.

Before I knew it, I started walking towards her, pushing anyone and anything out of my way. Her breathing and heart rate quicken, matching mine in solid unity. I catch her before she knocks down, holding her by her waist.

"Breathe your highness, breathe. " I whisper within her hair close to her ear, as making her shiver. She breathes, in and out, slowly calming herself. Her skin, hot and silky makes me want to touch more.

Don't get close to her.
Keep her distant.

Slowly, I let her go. She tucks in a strange of hair behind her ear, not letting her eyes look at me. What color are they? Blue? Brown? Hazel? I need to know.

"Are you alright Princess?" I ask.

"Yes, thank you. I guess I'm just excited." She responded.

Just before I could ask another question, her father comes walking over.

"Odette? There you are sweetheart! I've been looking for you." She looks at him, as he looks between both of us.

"Oh darling, so I see you have meet your future husband." Her eyes widened, as she looks between me and Mr.Sinclair.

She gasps, holding a shaky breath, "H-him? My h-husband?"

"Hello Princess, My name is Augusto Cyrus. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." I kiss her hand, smirking as her eyes scream fear into my daring, dangerous, broken eyes.

~~~

Towards the end of the night, I bring her to talk privately on the terrace. I guide her with my hand on the small of her back, as once we get to the doors she walks out towards the center of the moonlit terrace. I shut the doors behind me.

She walks to the railing, keeping her eyes on the bright full moon.

"I want to have this be clear, I will not have restrictions in my own kingdom." I announce. She turns, her eyes looking into mine.

"Us being mates, will be a secret. So I suggest you nod ur pretty little head and keep your mouth shut." Anger and hurt dance through her orbs but her mouth stays still.

"The mate bond with retaliate against you; I hope you know that. Have fun destroying yourself that way" she smirks, looking back towards the moon.

Walking closer to her, I grab her by the throat pushing her against the wall full of vines.

"My heart will never be yours Odette. I am not the kind of man to settle and if you think for one second, that you will ever get me, you are clearly wrong darling. I will strip you of your dignity and pride before that happens." She nods with my hands. I let go and she keeps her eyes to the floor.

"Now, we are leaving. Grab your shit and meet me at the carriage in a half hour." She nods as I take my leave she speaks.

"The Goddess. She heard you and knows the secret."

"She's not real. She never helped me why would she help you from me?" I leave her there, gathering herself enough to leave me smirking at the thought of stripping her completely.