Sacrifice

Hey everyone^^ In this particular part of the book, it'll be the story in the plot of the new Mortal Kombat movie Battle of the Realms (also a continuation from the chapter "Revenge". So sit back, hang tight, because it's going to be (another) long ride! Enjoy!

Previously:
"This scroll contains what you need."

He took a long glimpse before facing back towards the young Sorceress. "Are you sure?" he asked, unsure.

"Don't doubt me, Hanzo Hasashi."

His eyes seemed to dilating. Out of the ordinary, he felt touched by his origin name. Perhaps, no one ever called him that since he was resurrected by hell. But truthfully, he really longed for its use of pronunciation.

When he tried to reach the item, she retracted her arm back with a smirk painted across her face. "You'll have your payment after I'm done."

Hanzo squinted his eyes. "How can I trust you?"

"Just know, that I am not Shang Tsung," she replied.

*****

"She's going to be mad when I'm back," (Y/N) said as soon as her feet arrived at the new place. The ground was solid rocky structure that seemed to be a bridge over a glossy river.

"Because I stole you?" the god asked.

She chuckled, walking towards the huge gates that led to the temple. "We're just reunited and barely spent some time. Perchance, she might try to kill you."

"Then, I'm lucky (S/N) responded quite friendly."

"She found out that I'm finally going on a date... why wouldn't she?"

With Raiden arrived on her side, the two exchanged a humorous chuckle before he finally welcomed her inside. She opened her mouth surprisingly shocked. The architecture was heavenly, unlike anything she ever witnessed. "You're quite extra, aren't you?" she joked.

"I like my place to be... what would mortals commonly say... matching to my comfort."

There were monks passing by, and to her surprise, they didn't only bow in courtesy towards Raiden. (Y/N) was treated as if she had the same status as the Thunder God--calling her Lady (Y/N).

Then, after a long walk, they finally reached the top of the tower. There was already a table and two spots of cushion on the floor of each side. Shortly, not even waiting for that long, some monks came bringing the tea pot and left them to their privacy. And again, with much respect, they excused themselves with courtesy.

"So, you're also authoritarian... very interesting," she commented, sitting on the cushioned fabric across him.

He chuckled in the husky tone. "They do that willingly."

"I never said I didn't like it, my lord." Her tone waved, and when she sipped the tea with an aroma of vanilla, (Y/N) didn't realize what her cup had blocked her vision from: the Thunder God's provoked expression. As he was flustered under his blush, he let out a smirk and sipped his tea.

"Don't play with thunder, Sorceress," he reigned.

Next:
"(Y/N)!"

I was exhausted. Too much oxygen that I had lost. "Coming!"

Reaching for my bow, I carried the freshly downed deer which I hunted with my sister. I was used to be carrying all of the heavy items on my shoulder, but why did I feel like I was being drained heavily more than ever.

Maybe because of that tournament, I thought.

Perhaps, my energy was consumed in higher rates because of my excitement. Still, I couldn't help myself. (S/N) was finally with me again. And I couldn't wish for anything more.