Twenty Six

The last months were a horrifying nightmare. Shinnok's scream abruptly disturbed my sense of hearing every night. I couldn't imagine the wounds he has every torture and torment Raiden has casted upon him. The Thunder God's sudden change was becoming more and more obvious into the light. He let himself be controlled by his own anger.

Shinnok's actions had enticed every reason why Raiden would exhibit his wrath. Though the truth is not only for Raiden, but to all of Earthrealmers. But, as its protector, I would be sickened as well if I'm in his shoes. Dare I say, he has broken his own vows?

Dearly I remembered one of his lecture, that even the most evil deserves redemption. Is it truly justice to suffocate one in a continuous misery?

There was no longer the pure harmonized Thunder God, all I see is a fallen one. Screaming in agony inside his chest, bearing the responsibility of the destruction resides within the surface of Earthrealm. I truly felt his pain, I do. However, he seemed to be tangled by his own corrupted judgements.

I furrowed my brows in the middle of my mediation, distracted by the screams which had rung my ears. I shook my head, untying the knots of disturbance. The more I reverted my attention, the bigger the sound resembled. I groaned in annoyance, landed on my two feet. The sun was still shining above our head, usually Raiden's daily torture occurred in midnight.

Frustration took over me. Shinnok's Amulet has taken control of his emotions to the fullest. I clenched my both hands, making my way to the Jinsei Chamber.

*****

As I stomp my feet inside, my eyes turned to the Fallen Elder God. Hanging weak on the chains tied on his wrists. Red lightning casted out from the above, striking towards Shinnok's body. The wounds spread across his body worsened. I bit my lower lip and approached the figure slowly.

"Raiden, do you have a moment?"

The God of Thunder stopped his magic and turned to my direction. Only to show his damnable glowing eyes. The holy resides within him was no longer. I tilted my head with a corner smile. But even at my presence, he didn't budge. Raiden spun his head back. "Not now, (Y/N)."

"Please? It's important."

"Doubtless it is not as significant as."

"I'm not important..??" I reached for his hand, tighten my held. For a second, his stare softened at the corner. Suddenly, a thunder rummaged from the sky above. The sky became grey even in daytime. Rain came pouring down through the exposed ceiling, sending the cold from above.

The atmosphere became silent. Hoping that my words got through his senses. I felt his hand did not return the favor of the warmth I gave. I bit my lower lip, trying to break his concern on Shinnok. Averting them to anything but.

Slowly, Raiden loosened my hand. He looked down towards me, without any repentance painted on his face. I frowned in disappointment, glanced away from his sight. "I do not have time to frolic, (Y/N). Shinnok must be taught a proper lesson." His tone distorted to a mild scathed pitch.

A chuckle was heard on our front, it had caught our attention quickly. Shinnok lifted his head up, "It would be wise to listen to your beloved, Raiden."

Raiden glared at the Fallen Elder God before striking him countless times with his horrific lightnings. I witnessed the amulet lies on his chest intensified. My brows twitched to his action and blow he has landed multiple times. I tighten the grip on my knuckles. "Raiden, remove the amulet."

He stopped and immediately turned towards me, eyes staring deeply into mine. He tilted his head. "That wretched thing is taking hold of you," I stated. I stepped closer to him, reaching his amulet. But my wrist was instantly grabbed, his eyes sharpened its glare to me.