Thirty one

Cassie slapped her forehead, Raiden still standing there expressionless. I groaned and in a blink of an eye, I teleported in front of him. Exchanged my position with Old Johnny. My eyes met his, and I could tell his soul left his body. He passed out on the floor, I looked down on him and furrowed my brows.

Cassie leaned towards me. "Don't kill him please," she mumbled. I looked at her eyes and inhaled a deep breath, my hair strands went back to its normal state, following the gravity. My magic slowly faded away.

Raiden approached me as I looked up to him, face already heated up. "Never have I imagine having mortal temptations," he seems surprised.

I stared at his glimmering eyes, I could feel my pupils dilated. "Don't worry about it, it doesn't matter now." I chuckled. Even without evincing the obvious, the atmosphere thickened by the second. My chest felt empty, the void within grew wider. Cassie bit her lower lip after her eyes scanned my face thoroughly. Seemed to me she just read my expression admirably.

My hand reached for the amulet inside of my clothes, admiring it with nothing but hatred painted across my face. "I hate the feeling my skin brushed to this, cursed object. But seeing as it effected future you, might as well risk myself."

"I assure you I will not turn to evil itself," he declared.

I scanned the unholy object back and chuckled bluntly. "Yeah.. that's what future you told me as well..." I brushed my fingers on the mark painted across my neck, he glanced at it for a second and had his stare softened. Old Johnny raised both brows, unable to intervene the circle.

Cassie raised a brow, probably wondered about what had happened to my neck. But I stayed silent. Johnny dragged his younger self away as I shook my head slowly in disbelief. Jacqui entered the room with Liu Kang and Kung Lao behind her, I spun my head towards Cassie.

"I'm gonna get some fresh air, I'll be outside Cas."

The commander nodded in response.

*****

I took a deep breath and casted my magic, surrounding myself. I floated on the spot, hands on my thighs. Eyes closed and cleared my mind. I started to feel disconnected when voices started to enter my mind, whispers of thousands of souls emerged. I shook my head the entire time it appears.

Time after time, the voices were getting louder. It wasn't my vision, I gasped and threw out the amulet when I felt a dark essence surrounding it. Spreading the scathed essence through out the surface of my skin. I admired it from afar, landed on my two feet.

I clenched my fist on my chest, feeling sore at a certain spot. I groaned in frustration and raised both hands up, I summoned a sharp stem of vines, with a very honed thorn on its edge of point.

"Begone!"

My eyes glowed intensely as I casted the vine towards the amulet, tangling the filthy amulet to its jewel. With all my might, I empowered myself with the energy left resides within me. I clenched my jaw as the vines' held strengthen. Squeezing the amulet on the spot.

I didn't realize the dark aura was formed around the amulet, as it was about to be crushed, my vines were crushed when a beam of energy merged from the jewel. Making my organic summons vaporized through thin air. The air blasted me away, making me grunted as I landed my back to the hard surface of rock.

I groaned in pain, almost knocking me out of consciousness when my head banged. I shook my head lightly, trying to gain my focus back. Suddenly, footsteps approached me. They quickly kneeled beside me. "Lady (Y/N)! Are you alright?" they assisted me back up with their hand. I squeezed my head slightly and nodded.