Twelve

There was no obvious tension of awkwardness in the room, but my chest couldn't comprehend the embarrassment i've planted inside of my own chest. Even after a relaxing bath my cheeks hadn't stop to tense. Nonetheless , Raiden's stare haven't move an inch from my figure since we sat down.

It appears he attentively waited for my story, figured that i was still on my ponder whether to spill my thoughts. I sipped my tea slowly, letting the warm liquid change the temperature inside my body. I spun my head towards him "My visit wasn't really, an enjoyable one. Judging by the unpleasing experience, my powers as you know were affected by the current emotion. So i couldn't travel back directly towards the Sky Temple, therefore i had to use the portal in the forest."

I paused, gripping the mug hardly. I bit my lower lip and glanced to the wooden table "There, i was greeted by Quan Chi. Along with Liu Kang and Kung Lao.." my statement made Raiden furrowed his brows, though he did not cut me. "Still demanding my service on serving Shinnok. Other than that, the two told me the cause of their deaths" i continued.

"My sincere apologies on my recent behavior, i have no idea" i gritted my teeth, still feeling guilty on my mistake. His eyes softened as he locked his eyes on mine "The misapprehending is in the past," i bowed to pay my respect, as he did as well.

"Did they harm you?" he asked.

I shook my head slowly "Unfortunately no, although i'd wish they did. I was very pissed and had the urge to chop people's head off" i chuckled lightly. Sipping the tea with its desirable aroma. The Thunder God slightly cornered a smirk. Again, i might be delusional.

"What matters more is that you are unharmed."

I reacted warmly at his reply. I glanced away, staring at the empty table which only contains the cups of tea. I picked mine and stirred the liquid by gradually turning the mug ever so slightly on each direction. Looking at my reflection with no thoughts roaming my brain. Raiden noticed the misgivings obviously painted on my eyes.

His eyes shifted to me "I take the visit was not very overwhelming" his tone waved at the end, signing that he questioned the very fact of his statement. I sighed and slowly place my agreement, "He refused to answer my interrogatory. He was hiding something, something that he doesn't want me to acknowledge..."

Then suddenly another vision hit me, i tried willingly to hold the pain, squeezing my head with my hand. Raiden noticed as his hands gestured "Are you alright?" he asked. When my last grunt was heard, i nodded in response. My eyes reverted to his gaze, feeling the usual chills running down my spine.

"I ought you to rest, (Y/N)."

"Very well, i'm off to my room then" i payed him respect and stood up, leaving the room. But my steps were frozen when i slid the door open, still standing between the opening. I spun my head "Can i ask you something?"

He was utterly not minding it, "Of course" he replied after standing up from his sit. My seafoam seaweed eyes glimmered unconditionally, there were many seconds where i mouthed nothing but air. But eventually i lifted my courage "Was that your first ever hug in your life?"

Raiden made his way to my side, before tilting his head in interest. His brows twitched "It is a vivid validity. Why may i ask?"

"Nothing, it's just your inflexibility makes it obvious" i giggled lightly, but then i remembered my tensing cheeks earlier before. I pressed my lips and quickly made my escape "A-anyway, goodnight."

I turned around and walked away, leaving him on the empty yet silent corridor. "Goodnight, Lady (Y/N)" he faintly said as he walked off the other direction. By the gods, i do not acknowledge why every time he calls me that, the odd feeling inside my stomach returned.