Twenty Seven

I haven't single handedly let my naked eyes staring back at Raiden's. Times we crossed paths on the hallway, he didn't budge. Neither do I. Feeling my presence near him irritates me, but at the same time I really feel hopeless. I never wished nor hoped him to fall to the evil.

I traveled my back on the hole resides leading to the Jinsei Chamber from the temple's very top, I surrounded my magic on my body. Casted the aura of my spell. I let myself go into the very lowest level of the temple, to the Jinsei Chamber. I glared at Shinnok's chained body and landed on my two feet.

I stomped my way to him, grabbed him by the collar. "What did you do to Raiden you scum?" I raised my tone, he was hanging on his weak body with a chuckle released from his mouth. I furrowed my brows.

"Ah (Y/N), you are mistaken. There is no foul I've done towards Raiden," he assured me with his unpleasant voice. I roughed his body and leaned closer. "Tell me how the fuck do I destroy your amulet!"

"Violence does indeed runs in the family...."

He chuckled, I gritted my teeth and pushed him back down. I turned around and clenched my fists. "The last thing I want to hear is my blood relates on yours." I casted my magic and flew away. Leaving him with hands and feet barely moveable.

*****

The sun was shining when I stepped outside, but I heard a chatter just outside the temple. I peeked and saw Raiden with an unfamiliar ninja. I could barely hear their chatter. I furrowed my brows in confusion. The ninja's attention was reverted to my figure, I flickered my eyes and tried to cover my silhouette behind a pole.

"(Y/N)," Raiden called out my name, I sighed and decided to step into the light. Revealing my caught being. I stared blankly at the two before piling up my courage to approach them. I let my courage be compiled as I stood next to Raiden.

"Forgive my sudden intrusion, Lord Raiden."

He paused before he crossed his arms. "You are pardoned."

I lifted my gaze before turning to them to the unfamiliar figure standing in the circle. He bowed respectfully, which I hadn't anticipated. I returned the favor immediately.

"Lady (Y/N), an honor to meet you. I am the Grandmaster of the Shirai Ryu, Hanzo Hasashi."

My eyes widened in an instant, I sharpened my stare as I put up my stance. Leaving a distance between us. "You were the one who killed Bi-Han..." I stated. Hanzo jolted in surprise at my statement, Raiden quickly stepped in between us. "Cease, (Y/N)," he blocked my view.

I quickly stepped aside and let my sight locked back on Hanzo's. I clenched my jaw, reached for my dagger. The two of us circled of the spot. Letting Raiden stood in afar as an audience.

"Vengeance clouded your notion. You let Quan Chi blinded you. You murdered my friend!"

Scorpion clenched both his hands, his eyes glimmered softly. Changed drastically from earlier resemblance. "I have let my rage requisitioned. Even until now, my past error still haunts me--"

"He was killed unjustly. Now, I'll avenge his death."

*****

I panted on my knees, holding down my scythe with no energy left to spare. I put off my weapon using my magic. I gritted my teeth, trying to maintain calmness after my defeat. Scorpion slowly approached me, kneeled in front of me. We both meets the eye after he gained my attention.

"Unlike myself, you must not let your grief oversee."

"Tough crowd for the one who's speaking..."