Twenty Four

My head was ringing, the image painted across my vision blurred. I shook my head slowly, my body still feeling numb. I can't move any of my limbs. Still pinned against the wall. The disrupting emotion inside me sickened me. I wanted to throw up, lending off the broken organs inside my body.

I glanced at Raiden, with body weak as mine. Different was the sharp object impaled me, while his body was being crushed. Gently. Slowly but surely. Rubbing off the strength left inside of him. Until there was nothing left to be called out.

I heard steps approaching from the entrance, there I saw two figure running towards the chamber. Cassie, along with Kung Jin at her side. She spun her head towards Johnny, her eyes painted a remorse. Both hands clenched to the maximum. "Dad!" she exclaimed. I could hear Raiden grunted in pain, I bit my lower lip and tried to heal myself.

Focusing my magic inside me, "(Y/N)..." Iheard a call, I looked at Raiden. "Do not...force it.." I grunted in pain when my magic slowly pushing the sharp entity away. It was released from my torso, I fell on my knees.

"(Y/N)?!"

A voice shouted from afar, judging by the tone I knew it was my friend. I reverted my attention to the blonde and smiled. I mouthed 'I am alright' to her as a sign to assure her my current condition, although it appears her expression wasn't clarified. Kung Jin's eyes flickered, I could sense he gritted his teeth when his eyes gazed towards Shinnok.

I leaned my back against the wall, trying to regain my energy, catching my breath. I slowly casted my magic on one of my wounds, the effect was merely making a difference. I looked up to lock my sight to the exposed ceiling and panted, unable to control my normal breathing phase.

The two fought the kytinn, Kung Jin received one of her sting. Cassie was the one left standing, she put up a stance. I didn't hear what their words were. Their conversation faded through my sense of hearing. The magic on the corrupted Jinsei weakened me. I spun my head to it, stared at the devil floating inside. Massacring the holy substance on Earthrealm's life force. Defiling it to its core.

I was losing hope, with my magic healing relatively slow, seeing Raiden trapped inside Shinnok's sorcery. I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes, I merged the magic from my hand and forced it out. Forced what remains left of my energy to heal the wound, "Come on!" I exclaimed. My magic faded as my energy ran out, I smacked my head back to the wall behind me.

Tears ran down my cheeks, I squinted my eyes for it to close.

"Gods help me...." I murmured. I clenched my fist and smashed the ground, "Mom.." I trembled in my tone. Unconditionally didn't realize what came out of my own mouth.

I placed a hand on my wound, holding the everlasting pain. But suddenly I felt.. blessed. There was an enormous energy blasted from the core of my body. I could feel my pupils dilated, I tried to heal my wound again. It closed relatively fast. The shocking pulse lifted my energy. As if the gods answered my pray once again.

My eyes widened, I reached for the other one. Casting my magic, it slowly heals. Then the other one as well. I stood up slowly, landed my gaze on the falling kythinn. Defeated on Cassie's final blow.

"Cassie," I called her out, she rushed to me and gave me the warmest hug.

"(Y/N)! You're okay?!"

I pulled away and nodded. "It's a miracle, I don't even know how I healed myself so quickly." I spun my head to Shinnok's merging body. The devil himself approached us slowly, menacingly stared at our figures. "Cas, go help your father. Kung Jin, get Raiden."

They both nodded, I put up a stance and furrowed my brows. "You dare stand against one of your own?!" he exclaimed. Iscoffed and stood across him face to face, ready for battle, "Whether your blood runs through me, I'd rather die than to call you as my family."