Error 3

"Are you sure you don't need any assistance?"

Bruce turned to me, "No, (Y/N). I already have intel. You should continue your hunt on the amulet."

I nodded in response, i gestured my head to Raiden. We both immediately headed for the elevator.

I tapped down my foot back and forth, letting my anxiety creeped in. I crossed my arms, waiting for our arrival to the upper level. Raiden noticed the uneven of the oddity on my behavior. His interest on his surroundings has never failed to caught his attention later than he wanted to be. "You seem troubled, (Y/N)."

I paused my foot from constantly making the sound of the sole echoing the small room. "Other than constantly being stressed out about the death of my old friend and worried about 'Evil Superman' goes on a rampage? Yeah...i'm fine."

"Grievance will not bring him back, (Y/N). And, our aid will be given if necessary."

"I might pay a visit to this, Scorpion, when we get back."

 "Is it justice or vengeance which you seek?"

I stayed silent. Both hands clenched to fists. When the elevator door opened, i stepped out quickly. Leading the way out in front. Raiden trailed behind me, only to stop my steps by his call "(Y/N)--"

"I don't know, okay?! Both?! Why does it matter anyway? It's my problem, not yours."

I encouraged myself to stare back at the Thunder God. I was on the edge of my sorrow's cliff, wanting to screech my intonations like a crow in the midnight. I held back my collapsing breathing phase. Maintaining calmness throughout my sight.

"It may be true. However, even you know the outcome," Raiden said.

I furrowed my brows, blankly stared at the metal ground. A hand reached my shoulder, "There are other ways to make his death unvain, (Y/N)." I lifted my head to see the glimmering eyes Raiden had. My pupils flickered unnoticedly. Disorientated, was the sufficient word i could use to describe the feeling inside my chest.

A frown was an obvious expression i had in my face. His lecture always had good intentions, but i felt a little off just to let my friend died just because of a stupid mistake.

The silence broke, making our attention reverted when a voice spoke up from the device attached to my lower arm.

"(Y/N)," it called out. I lifted my hand, "Here, Bruce."

"There is an energy pulse coming from the East side of the city, i recommend you go check it out. Sub-Zero is already on the way."

"Copy that, we're on our way."

My eyes gazed back to Raiden, gestured my head. We both headed outside. As soon as the moon light soothed our skin, Raiden offered his hand. Making his lightning struck us after i delightfully accepted it.

*****

The scent surrounding the place was not desirable. The soggy ground were covered mostly by moss. I had to control the oxygen coming inside my lungs, measuring the least amount to reduce the unfamiliar aroma.

We entered a swamp. Vines filled the branches on each tree. Fighting here would be to my advantage, i thought. I glanced around the woods, lifted my gaze up to the tall trees. Roots covered most beneath the stem.

The crickets accompanied us with their sounds, as well as fireflies that lit the area by the least. The light from their bottoms reflected against my pupils. One landed on my finger, i admired the small creature thoroughly. A faint smile wrinkled across my face as the firefly took off.