Thirty three

I let myself gathered in the circle, forcing myself to retrieve my sanity back at its place. I saw Kuai Liang arrived, along with Kung Lao and Liu Kang. Raiden informed the last discussion he had with the Elder Gods, but he was only greeted by one. Cetrion. When the named mentioned, a bell rung inside my head. I shook it off and let him continued, but after what came out of his mouth shocked me.

Cetrion abided her mother will, Kronika. Which caused by Raiden's future action when he decapitated Shinnok's head. The dark on Cetrion's light. The balance was forsaken. I widened my eyes and stepped closer towards the front. "Shinnok called himself as my uncle back then..." The crowd silenced. My eyes flickered in disbelief, I turned towards Cassie.

Raiden looked at me softly. "Cetrion is my.. mother?" I exclaimed. Cassie stared at me blankly, my mouthed gestured back on forth on opening. "I'm Kronika's descendant?!" I had eyes locked on to me, I felt the air inside my lungs vaporized.

"I think I'll..." I leaped forward as my sight was blurred, Cassie caught me in her arms. "Easy (Y/N)." She assisted me on sitting on top of a small rock near the bridge. "I am not buying this shit." I closed my face with both hands.

"That explains the immortality you posses," Raiden said. I looked back at him and frowned. Shook my head slowly and glanced away.

"Still a mystery why I received it just years ago..." I mumbled.

Cassie glanced at Raiden. "No wonder she tries to make a new history, she was devastated when her son was decapitated."

"It is not vengeance that drives Kronika. She restarts history to balance light and dark among the realms."

I stood up slowly after gaining some air. "It all make sense.. she wants to build a New Era, where you don't exist..."

Raiden crossed his arms and we all exchanged glances towards one another. "What can we do, Lord Raiden?" Liu Kang asked.

"Gather Earthrealm's forces. But that effort will be for naught if Kotal Kahn's armies cannot join us."

I crossed my arms and leaned my back on the tree, emptying the lurking distractions inside my head. The sooner I did, the wonders returned swiftly. Unable to be fully shifted away. "Cetrion informed me that Shao Kahn has captured Kotal Kahn. We must spare no effort to free him," he continued.

"Kung Lao and I will go. We will rendezvous with Princess Kitana." I raised a brow as i heard his response. "Thank you both. May the Elder Gods protect--" he paused, I looked up to his gaze which had faded some of its glitter.

He opened his eyes and gestured his head. "May you return victorious."

*****

After a long wait, we have gathered once more. Received a new info that Kitana has become a Kahn. Which pleasured our advantage. "The news from Outworld is indeed hopeful. But the location of Kronika's Keep remains a mystery. It is beyond realms, and has proven to be beyond my sight"

Raiden talked us through again, about my grandmother's keep being blocked by mortals and immortals' sight. With the Sky Temple being taken over, we've lost many chances.

I zoned out looking at the ground, wondered through god knows how many dimension. I heard Sub-Zero talking along with Scorpion at the back, informed Raiden about a Master of an undead ship. Named Kharon.

I crossed my arms, still occupied with the abnormal info I had received. the daughter of the Goddess of Virtue. Which had deliberately explained my organic summons. The two Grandmasters got their orders immediately, I spun my head to them before saying, "Be careful Kuai, Hanzo." They quickly nodded and walked off.