| Visit |

"You must face your fear to conquer them, or else it will consume you and make the vulnerability inside you arise."

Raiden stood in the shade, watching (Y/N) as she dipped her hand to pick up a fallen flower petal floating in the fountain. She chuckled lightly, "Shit, you're a god. I'm guessing you don't know what it feels." The wind blew through them, waving its breezing temperature to the strands of (Y/N)'s hair. Soothed the skin of her thighs after it pushed up some of her lower part of the clothes.

"I have resided in Earthrealm as its protector from the very beginning, without the company of sentiment. Its absence does not concern me."

(Y/N) turned to him, lifted a brow while slowly making her way closer towards his figure. His eyes followed the trail of hers, "Are you certain of that?"

"I am."

She crossed her arms on her chest, "The night of weeks ago, when i arrived back after my visit to my father... Your eyes were troubled when i mentioned Liu Kang's death, Raiden..." As expected, the Thunder God's stare became hollow. "You showed sorrow, Raiden. Grief is a human emotion," she continued.

His mouth were trembling in air, trying to arrange his next words carefully. She stopped his matter of speechless, "You should look back, on your past failures and errors. Something was missing from the puzzle of your wondering thoughts. You tried to piece them all together, investigating what you did wrong."

Silence filled the the area as the wind blew firmly, waving the strands of her hair which weren't intact. (Y/N) looked down for a second to his clenching fists, "I have no need to assimilate any emotions, it blocks my duty as a god," he stated. She could feel the tension between the two of them.

She tilted her head slightly and placed a hand on his shoulder, staring deep into his eyes. His pupils dilated remotely, "Distancing yourself from others is your choice. However, don't push your feelings away," (Y/N) twitched her smile, he seemed to process all her words thoroughly.

"I.." his words got cut off when a strange occurrence happened. The air shifted as a sudden chill emanated from the spot she was standing. The area was filled with the scent of unearthed soil. Her figure was suddenly pulled up right, like a doll on its string.

"Dissipating your time with a mortal, Raiden?"

He immediately jolted, her voice became distorted. Lips retorted with a more authoritative tone.

"Cetrion..."

"We have discussed this on your recent counsel," she continued, her eyes illuminated with the glimmering seaweed glow. More intense than (Y/N)'s. Raiden was tensed.

"I have done no foul nor indiscretion."

"Yet again your decisions have brought us to this conversation."

Raiden stared blankly as his brows furrowed.

"Do not fantasy yourself on settling in with (Y/N)'s lecture, Raiden. She does not acknowledge the archaic demands we uphold," she warned him.

He stayed silent while his eyes weren't off from the godly figure in front of him.

"After Fujin enticed you on geniality towards mortal, i will not let (Y/N) be the second to penetrate your vulnerability," she stated bluntly.

"Maybe she is right. What if sentiment is the missing piece in my riddle? How do i best serve mortals if i have nothing to sensate on them? The reason behind many loses i have encountered is because i have misguided myself with these archaic demands."

"These 'archaic demands' are the ones keeping the realms in balance, Raiden. From the beginning. You should know the outcome, especially after the last Mortal Kombat tournament."