Twenty Eight

"What in the name of the GODS are you speaking of?!" I slammed both hands on the table, protesting the accusations Raiden had informed. I grew frustrated and distempered. Disbelieved the way his logic came intact.

It hasn't been long after our appealing moment, but the situation has turned undesirably. Neglected whatever was left from my encouragement about good and evil. He had the audacity to remark a nefarious plan. Gaining the Grandmaster's help along with his clan member. I tightened the grip on my fists. "How can you think of such hideous act?! The Raiden I know is a pacifist!"

"Earthrealm has too long suffered losses by maintaining only defense. Idling would only resolve vulnerability."

I gestured my hand and stared sharply towards him. "That doesn't mean superiority against other realms is necessary! Starting a war before it even starts would only bring out conflict!"

"It has been decided, (Y/N)," Raiden's tone deepened, my eyes flickered in shock. His stare became different. Unlike the earlier sight I have seen. I furrowed my brows and stood up, glanced away from his figure. "Why don't you ask the Special Forces for their aid, Raiden?"

He lifted his gaze. Without making a single eye contact, I continued, "Your request would be declined... that's why you asked Scorpion's help... knowing that he would return the favor you have given..."

I turned to Raiden, a glimpse of mockery was painted at the edge of my lips. I scoffed, "Even the mortals you claim to care so deeply for know which is righteous and which is erroneous--"

"Enough."

Raiden admonished. He stood up straight, straightened his pose as a god he is. I clenched my jaw, concealed my sight with the shade of my bangs. Both hands fisted. "You will not succeed! I will make sur--" my sentence were cut off when he teleported right in front of me. He left inches between our faces. My eyes widened, seeing the horrifying view of Raiden's deadly glare.

I paused my breath, stepping back only to land my back on the surface behind me. I bit my lip as his hand soothes my face. "You will not interfere, (Y/N)," he impended. A shock of lightning ran through his fingers, stung my head with potent. The sting made me freeze and immediately lose all of my senses. I fell unconsciousness when my body leaped forward towards Raiden's arms.

*****

I groaned in nausea, many sounds of a bell ringing was heard from my ears. The room I was in started to spin intensely. I blinked repeatedly, trying to endure the headache. I retrieved my consciousness back only to find out I was being tied up to a chair. I struggled my hands to released themselves, also trying to break my legs free from the rope tying them down on the chair's legs. 

I wiggled my body back and forth. But it was all for naught considering the force of the rope kept my figure. Not long after my attempt, footsteps approached the room. The door slid open, revealing the sunlight to strike through my being. I glanced away, avoiding the sharp light directly hitting my pupils.

A silhouette entered the room, stepping closer to me. As they grew closer, my image of them started to become clearer. I gritted my teeth and lifted my jaw. "Why are you doing this to me?!"

"It is only for the great of good, (Y/N). You must understand." Raiden reached for my chin, staring deeply into my eyes. I shook his hand off of me and glared back at him. "Your way is a sinful method! Think of the many possible outcome, Raiden. Its citizens are our allies! Kotal Kahn, Bo' Rai Cho, Li Mei, what would their commentary be?!"

"I will only demand recognition. Harm will be inflicted only if necessary."

"Deep down you know they won't kneel down with ease, Outworlders have a strong constancy."