Epilogue..??

Liu Kang fell on his knees, gasping for air. Raiden glanced at him. "I have conquered the darkness within me" Liu Kang slowly stood up with all the energy left inside of him. "You must do the same," Raiden chided.

"You... will have to kill me."

Out of expectation, Raiden's power tensed up through his arms. Coiled every last bits of his thunder. I furrowed my brows as he steps closer to Liu Kang. "I would rather save you." When he reached him, he stroke his lightning, casting them from above the sky and landed on their figures. Making the energy surrounding them like a plasma ball summoned by sorcerers.

It took a moment before the lights faded, I spun my head to seek nothing but Liu Kang in his godly form. Fire ran through his body. Ancient marking of the heavens painted on his arms. His eyes turned to a pair of glowing seafoam eyes. Kung Lao teleported on board the ship, followed by Kitana who jumped across from the other.

We all stepped closer to meet the figure. "Liu Kang?" Sub-Zero asked.

"I am -- and I am not."

"What happened to Raiden?" I asked.

"He is part of me. Bound to my soul. He made me a god. For now, at least."

"A god? Incredible," Kitana exclaimed.

"Now he's out of her league." I heard Kung Lao said under his breath, I glanced at him in an entertained smirk. I looked back at Liu Kang, with a slight worry. Though it wasn't relevant at the time.

"My Revenant counterpart. I have absorbed his knowledge of the keep, of Kronika's plan. I know where to find the Hourglass. We can beat Kronika," he stated and painted a corner smirk.

We all nodded and exchanged glances, we must be certain at the victory. All of us entrusted our lives for Liu Kang.

*****

I let my eyelids covered up my pupils from the wind. Letting the air in the Netherrealm's atmosphere to enter my lungs gradually. The grip on my both hands tightened on the boat's wooden fences surrounding the vessel. Bent my head down as my heart beats unintendingly fast.

Witnessing Raiden's disappearance for the second time. Though, it wouldn't be said as a 'disappearance'. But still, my chest felt something being sucked out. When in truth, the void inside enlarged itself. I bit my lower lip. Feeling under the joy seemed selfish. Seeing as the whole world depends on our success. Yet there I was, devastated just to see a loved one faded in the naked eyes.

Footsteps approached me, slowly letting themselves comfortable standing beside me. I cornered a stare. "Lord Liu Kang."

"Lady Celestia."

I crossed my arms in response, making an eye contact as I turned my body to face the God of Thunder and Fire. "I'm guessing Raiden has become a pain in the ass to spoil that."

"Trust that his words of you are not humiliations."

A corner smirk was twitched up on my lips. I gazed away, letting the breezing wind swayed my hair strands. There was still a slight of fitful and suspense. Liu Kang without any doubt noticed my reeking behavior.

"He is not dead, (Y/N)."

"I know, I know. I'm just, traumatized... but don't worry, I have faith on his decision on making you a demi-god."

Liu Kang gently placed a hand on my shoulder. "May we achieve triumph, (Y/N)."

My seaweed eyes reverted to the demi-god. The smile across my face softened, "Of that, I am certain."